BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 E60 M5
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for an exhaust for my car, I ran into someone selling an Eisenmann Race for an M6 on ebay.
The price was a no brainer. The only thing was researching if this exhaust would fit. There were a few postsin this forum that suggested it "Should" fit.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the exhaust, I received it just fine and it was an authentic E-Race exhaust.

I ended up taking it to a reputable fabrication shop. They made some modifications and ended up welding the exhaust to the section 2, instead of using the clamps. We did this to have a more solid mount/fit.

The one thing I love about the exhaust is that the tips are more staggered than the E60 E-race.

Here are some pics and video below:

My IG is NiiceeM5 for more pics.

·
Registered
2007 E60 M5
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These cans normally have clamps at the ends to bolt up. I decided to just have it welded for a more solid fit.

There is no drone at all. I think when people remove the resonators, there tends to be drone. However, the only mod I have is the section 3. Everything else is stock, for now ?

Reactions: DFrankm5

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Sounds really good. I’m guessing that slight pop at the ends of the higher RPM revs is bc of this catback? I don’t think my Corsa does that....but Corsa sounds fantastic and no drone.

is that a dinmann trunk spoiler?

·
Registered
959 Posts
These cans normally have clamps at the ends to bolt up. I decided to just have it welded for a more solid fit.

There is no drone at all. I think when people remove the resonators, there tends to be drone. However, the only mod I have is the section 3. Everything else is stock, for now ?
I'm sorry, but there is no physical way that's the case, especially on the race version - the deep reverberating noise that gets loud 1100-1200 and 2200-2400 rpm is drone. Eisenmann uses those muffler cans on a bunch of different cars, so you're def getting those harmonics.

·
Registered
2007 E60 M5
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry, but there is no physical way that's the case, especially on the race version - the deep reverberating noise that gets loud 1100-1200 and 2200-2400 rpm is drone. Eisenmann uses those muffler cans on a bunch of different cars, so you're def getting those harmonics.
Ok man, what I’m saying is #1 it’s only the section 3, it’s not a full exhaust (stock section 1 & 2) #2 with the windows closed I can have a conversation inside no problem. #3 it is loud but you mostly hear it from the outside vs inside. Hope that helps. It does get louder at higher rpms, majority of exhausts sound louder at higher rpms lol.

??????

·
Registered
2007 E60 M5
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds really good. I’m guessing that slight pop at the ends of the higher RPM revs is bc of this catback? I don’t think my Corsa does that....but Corsa sounds fantastic and no drone.

is that a dinmann trunk spoiler?
Thanks man! It’s only the section 3, so it isn’t catback. I believe it’s the back pressure making those popping sounds. Corsa is def a different sound, a friend of mine has it.

Yup it’s the Dinmann spoiler, pretty good quality. ????

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
^^^ I meant sec 3. Too many hours working on changing spark plugs and thermostat on the beast and I got delirious. Yea my Corsa is a sec 3. Love the sound of it....THAT has zero drone. It’s what Corsa is known for.

I have the Dinmann front spoiler and rear bumper diffuser both NIB that I have yet to install haha

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the Dinmann front spoiler and rear bumper diffuser both NIB that I have yet to install haha
I thought about both of those for a while. I really like the Dinmann front splitter and hated those Hamann look alikes with the silly wings on the sides. I ended up getting something else on ebay. Should be here in a couple of weeks. I wish we had as much selections as the E90 M's..

Reactions: NiiceeM5

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yea I really like the dinmann front piece. Just looking at a way I can mount it without drilling the bumper. There are 2 holes on each end of the from bumper by the wheel arch (there’s not a lot of “meat” there to bolt to though) and heavy duty 3M along the front.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ok man, what I’m saying is #1 it’s only the section 3, it’s not a full exhaust (stock section 1 & 2) #2 with the windows closed I can have a conversation inside no problem. #3 it is loud but you mostly hear it from the outside vs inside. Hope that helps. It does get louder at higher rpms, majority of exhausts sound louder at higher rpms lol.

??????
Drone is not the same thing as loud exhaust; it's harmonic resonance. You for sure have it: Eisenmann Race Drone

About the only way to make it go away is to add mass or tuned resonator. I had RPI section 3 on my 6 speed for exactly a week, driving around town was unbearable.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAdvice/comments/8igyw0

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
116 Posts
nice find, sounds great!

Reactions: NiiceeM5

·
Registered
2007 E60 M5
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much did you pay for it?
I paid $800 shipped for the exhaust. I think I paid $200 for the install. The exhaust is welded in nicely. No shotty welds lol.

·
Registered
2007 E60 M5
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Drone is not the same thing as loud exhaust; it's harmonic resonance. You for sure have it: Eisenmann Race Drone

About the only way to make it go away is to add mass or tuned resonator. I had RPI section 3 on my 6 speed for exactly a week, driving around town was unbearable.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAdvice/comments/8igyw0
There is some drone, however like I mentioned before you can have a normal conversation in the cabin, it is not obnoxious, that's the only way I can describe it.

·
Registered
2007 E60 M5
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea I really like the dinmann front piece. Just looking at a way I can mount it without drilling the bumper. There are 2 holes on each end of the from bumper by the wheel arch (there’s not a lot of “meat” there to bolt to though) and heavy duty 3M along the front.
I would definitely use nuts and bolts + 3m tape. I've heard to many horror stories of them falling off.
I had a replica front lip however I took it off, bc Valet scratched it up and now I just like the OEM front. However the Dinmann front is really nice.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I would definitely use nuts and bolts + 3m tape. I've heard to many horror stories of them falling off.
I had a replica front lip however I took it off, bc Valet scratched it up and now I just like the OEM front. However the Dinmann front is really nice.
a dinmann replica? You have a link to where? If the price is cheap it might be worth it if it gets beat up.

·
Registered
2007 E60 M5
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a dinmann replica? You have a link to where? If the price is cheap it might be worth it if it gets beat up.
Sorry it's a Haman replica.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sorry it's a Haman replica.
Aww schucks... I had my hopes up for a little bit LOL. The one I got was an Ebay special, yes.. but it looks subtle enough that it doesn't look that cheesy. Will post after it arrives and mounted it under the bumper cover. Its been a minute though, had to come from Europe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts