BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I get closer to decision time on whether or not to trade my E39 M5 for an E60 M5 I am still having a hard time warming up to the new design.

Does anyone have pic's of an E60 with aftermarket wheels? Maybe lowered as well? I'm hoping maybe that will warm me up to the styling.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
mricorp said:
I am still having a hard time warming up to the new design.

Does anyone have pic's of an E60 with aftermarket wheels? Maybe lowered as well? I'm hoping maybe that will warm me up to the styling.
Yes, me too.

I think some nice big dish wheels will change the whole look.

I hated the E60 badly, until I saw a sport 545 with aftermarket wheels and it was lowered. He also had Clear rear tail lights.

The Poseur had an M badge on it. hiha

A mate phoned and said he was parked near an M5.

I said NO WAY. I jumped in the car and headed straight down.

I figured it was a Sport package, buy I wanted to see it anyhow.

I'm warming up to the M6 as well. I have seen pics in some differnt colours now. It definitly needs aftermarket wheels.

I can't wait to see that in person. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
vndkshn said:
check out member wolverine.. not sure if his car is lowered, but I like his wheels!
Not great quality pics, but this might give you an idea of what the M5 would look like with BBS RS-GT's. My dealer's son saw my car in the parking lot at our club, and ordered the exact same car and wheels! (a compliment, but aaaaargh!)

I plan on using these on my M5 (hopefully here late this year). Sapphire black would look good I know, I'm not sure about a Silverstone car. Actually, I'm thinking about going to 20", but good grief these wheels are expensive. They are light though, the 20" BBS RS-GT wheels are still a pound or so lighter than the OEM M5 19's.

I'll probably stay with the 19's and go with Sapphire black, so it should look pretty similar, but lower and better!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
you know, seeing those picts leads me to two thoughts. One, that is a cool looking wheel design. Two, I wonder if the M5 is lower, meaning less tire to fender lip space. I think 20s would look better by closing that gap.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I'm sticking with the stock wheels. They look really nice, especially as they're much lighter in colour than the E39 wheels.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Wolverine, those BBS wheels look right at home on the E60. Very nice. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hey Wolverine....

Good to see a wolverine in that state down south

Anyway, your car looks great and I was wondering about your tinted windows. I am debating to do it with my future E60 M5 but it is against the law in Michigan (front windows) and I was concerned that it would look "pimped out". After looking at your pictures, it looks like I will re-introduce the idea. Is that considered a light or medium tint?

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wolverine said:
Not great quality pics, but this might give you an idea of what the M5 would look like with BBS RS-GT's. My dealer's son saw my car in the parking lot at our club, and ordered the exact same car and wheels! (a compliment, but aaaaargh!)

I plan on using these on my M5 (hopefully here late this year). Sapphire black would look good I know, I'm not sure about a Silverstone car. Actually, I'm thinking about going to 20", but good grief these wheels are expensive. They are light though, the 20" BBS RS-GT wheels are still a pound or so lighter than the OEM M5 19's.

I'll probably stay with the 19's and go with Sapphire black, so it should look pretty similar, but lower and better!

That has to be the coolest looking e60 I've seen so far. Those wheels look great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts