BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK so just to update everyone. I got a mini heart attack today when i dropped off my car to get the rear bumper painted the car popped a reduced engine power error but no vibration of any sort on the way to the workshop. So i checked with the scanner at the workshop and it showed error 2788 and 2787. They removed the errors and all was good.

A little while later i get a call from the workshop saying that there were misfires on almost all the cylinders and the car was running rough.

When we were troubleshooting the fuel pressure was showing at 1.95 bar at idle which lead us to check the fuel pump. Opened the fuel pump to find one of the pipe had snapped off the clip. Put it back on and issues gone. Wanted to let my friends here with Walbros upgraded know that it is an issue to check if someone faces low fuel pressure.

I am just thinking that the clip was put on tight and snug and it has been done again. I am afraid that could it be coming off due to the extra pressure that the walbros are producing.

What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
471 Posts
OK so just to update everyone. I got a mini heart attack today when i dropped off my car to get the rear bumper painted the car popped a reduced engine power error but no vibration of any sort on the way to the workshop. So i checked with the scanner at the workshop and it showed error 2788 and 2787. They removed the errors and all was good.

A little while later i get a call from the workshop saying that there were misfires on almost all the cylinders and the car was running rough.

When we were troubleshooting the fuel pressure was showing at 1.95 bar at idle which lead us to check the fuel pump. Opened the fuel pump to find one of the pipe had snapped off the clip. Put it back on and issues gone. Wanted to let my friends here with Walbros upgraded know that it is an issue to check if someone faces low fuel pressure.

I am just thinking that the clip was put on tight and snug and it has been done again. I am afraid that could it be coming off due to the extra pressure that the walbros are producing.

What are your thoughts.
Which hoses you talking about? I used clamps that came with my AEM pumps..

Screenshot_20200309-233218_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
The hose came off the fuel filter.

I am still getting the error p229 low injector pressure at higher rpms in 4th or 5th gear with the twin walbros. Could it be because of the old fuel filter or should I just get new OEM fuel pump?

·
Registered
471 Posts
The hose came off the fuel filter.

I am still getting the error p229 low injector pressure at higher rpms in 4th or 5th gear with the twin walbros. Could it be because of the old fuel filter or should I just get new OEM fuel pump?
When you do the fuel pump you should do the filter at the same time. You're already there and it's coming off anyway. I did it in reverse, I replaced the filter and upgraded the pumps at the same time. I was very suprised mine had original fuel filter at 92k.. 32k miles overdue! Dirty fuel filters are known to cause injector issues which can mess up your motor. For less than 300 bucks for the oem filter, you avoid a potential catastrophic motor damage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So finally I managed to get some free time and installed the Walbro`s. Pumps work fine so far, did couple of 60-130 pulls and datalog them as well. Now fuel pressure keeps at about 84psi, comparing to the stock ones at 70k miles which were fighting to push at less than 70psi. So far all looks good,in case any problems will keep you posted.

Attachments

41 - 46 of 46 Posts