BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Pls. share with us the result after fuel pump upgrade.

Did you test the fuel pressure after that?

:byee55amg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will test. The pressure will be the same as the regulator wont allow any more pressure. It'll just keep it constant pressure and not drop off when more fuel is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for your reply and we are waiting results. and you can check by road test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if can touch red line in 4th gear without reduced power message it is will be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any update bro?!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any update on this..how do walbros work on the m5. I have the option to get the stock pump or go walbros what's recommended?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have decided to go that way. Currently in progress , but I am pretty busy lately so it will take some time. Will report back or open new thread on this.
IMG_1134.JPG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also keen to know if this is successful or not, my E60 goes into safe mode if its full throttle above 6k rpm in 4th gear or above, fuel pressure fault stored

·
1,724 Posts
Start with basics, fuel filter and check fuses for the 2 pumps. There's more fuses than you think, Jim has posted what those are, do a search.

·
Registered
63 Posts
fuse F30 in the front, and F72 in the trunk. Both 20 amps rated. Even though one is gone, means pumps drain too much current, which means problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes just found the info on the fuses, i shall check them tomorrow, at 118k miles im thinking of changing the pumps and filter anyway, followed by injectors.....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Troy told me a long time ago that he had not found any after market fuel pumps that are compatible with bmw electronics.

bad news for supercharging

do not remember the details

·
Registered
421 Posts
Troy told me a long time ago that he had not found any after market fuel pumps that are compatible with bmw electronics.

bad news for supercharging

do not remember the details
I was told by another board member who had a AFD E85 system that these AEM E85 fuel pumps work. Im in the process of installing them but ran into a dumb issue. Lets just say that I strongly advise using the proper tool to take off the fuel filter and pump.
20200125_011911.jpg

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I was told by another board member who had a AFD E85 system that these AEM E85 fuel pumps work. Im in the process of installing them but ran into a dumb issue. Lets just say that I strongly advise using the proper tool to take off the fuel filter and pump.
Good to know
I believe a test per post #11 is in order for any non stock fuel pump.
Hope you get your 6sp m5 on the road soon.

I have no fuel error codes on stock pump but only went as high as high as 8200 rpm in 3rd gear at NCM on a cold damp track.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Request: Does someone has pictures of cracked open EKP fuel pump controller , or maybe have one on hand and possible to shoot one of the board, I am curious to see what are the ICs used. I think I have seen somewhere back in the time, but searched whole forum and google and couldn`t find anything this time.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
421 Posts
Good to know
I believe a test per post #11 is in order for any non stock fuel pump.
Hope you get your 6sp m5 on the road soon.

I have no fuel error codes on stock pump but only went as high as high as 8200 rpm in 3rd gear at NCM on a cold damp track.
I had trouble with the locking ring for the pump and filter. Heck, I just realized this is a pain in my butt work. That smell of gasoline is the worst. Plus getting the filter and pump assy out is annoying as hell. Good thing I burned the gas till it is at a very low level. AND to my surprise, I believe the car had the original fuel filter 🙄.. I must have missed that part in the maintenance records and assumed the its only at 30k on its second filter.. oh well. Better late than never. Even thought about replacing the injectors. Maybe after I get the AFD E85 kit. Im in the process of taking the pump housing apart and installing the dual AEM's. I also have on order new O-rings for the seal. Calling it a night.. I hate gasoline smell 😝..

20200126_083638.jpg
20200127_213817.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts