BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the?! i called my dealer to ask about the x5 4.6 waiting list length and asked about the e60 m5.
me: you don't have a waiting list on that car yet do you? dealer: yes, we've got 7 names...
fyi, they've got over 100!! names on the mini waiting list!

·
Registered
237 Posts
The day I took delivery of my car (8-15-01), I asked my sales advisor to put me on the list for the next M5. He said no problem, and I became the 1st person on their list, which looks like it may be released just in time for my 3.5 year lease to expire!!

Can't wait!!

HotRod

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
When we picked the car up we also put our names down on the list(april 2001) the dealership wasnt even taking names but they did for us.. anyhow turns out we will be the first in britain to recieve a RHD car cool huh!

all the best
Adam

·
Registered
397 Posts
HotRod said:
The day I took delivery of my car (8-15-01), I asked my sales advisor to put me on the list for the next M5. He said no problem, and I became the 1st person on their list, which looks like it may be released just in time for my 3.5 year lease to expire!!

Can't wait!!

HotRod
Have the same lease and thought process though my name's not on a list yet. Dod you give him a deposit?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all!

In my weekly Dutch carmagazine (autoweek, family to German AutoBild and English AutoExpress) I read about the e60 M5.

It has been confirmed that the enigine will be a 500 horsepower V10!! :rolleyes:

The back of the car is not supposed to look like the new 7-series, the bootlid won't be that prominent! :)

Can't wait for the first (non-computerized) official pictures.

Question: How many are most certainly going to buy one?

ME (in my dreams....:crying: )

greetz

·
Registered
422 Posts
If in fact they do put a v-10 in the M5 do you think they will also put it in the M6? I don't need 4 doors so that's my ticket.
Bill

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
bgomez said:
If in fact they do put a v-10 in the M5 do you think they will also put it in the M6? I don't need 4 doors so that's my ticket.
Bill
Yes it is rumored they will!

Alx,
Guess you need to put a deposit down quickly if you want the V10 M5 baby kinggf

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
just remember who was doubted on the V10 rumors.

M6 coupe will also have it.

M5 and M6 will have SMG 3 and perhaps even AWD as an option?!!! (Id skip this but its been rumored)

M6 cabrio might not happen due to chassis issues- but the odds are it will.

as to waiting lists, well, get in line I guess. the dealers I deal with dont have any waiting lists on the M6 nor E60 M5. But I am promised a high spot on any such list :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i am still in doubt that there will a v-10. i still think it will be a approx. 6 liter v-8.

but that doesnt mean i am not #2 on the waiting list at my local bmw dealership :D

alex
02 gts
few other cars

·
Registered
237 Posts
Johnny D:

I did not have to give them a deposit. My dealership doesn't work that way....Never gave them one for the beast until the day I ordered it....Which was a year after getting on the list!!

deposits vary by dealer, though....

HotRod

PS: They also don't go over MSRP Thank God....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
HotRod
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing