BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the other night, the Girlfriend and I were driving home from her sister's house. And as we are just crusin' along, an E60 M5 flys by us. We were already going almost 70mph in a 60mph zone. So he was freakin' moving! As he passed, he SLAMS his brakes and matchs my speed. I assume he noticed what he just blew past (I have a "V12 Bi-turbo" badge on my fenders). So as he drives next to us, he rolls his window down and gives us a big smile and a thumbs up. We do the same.

So we both slow down to about 40mph since there is NOBODY in sight. He honks it off, and we both launched at the exact same time. I was able to pull on him pretty much the whole time, but not a whole lot. We shut down at around 110mph, and I was about 2-3 cars ahead (kind of hard to tell in the dark).

Then we end up at a stop light, still with nobody around. And he starts reving up his perfect sounding V10 for us, and the thing is freaking screaming!! I'm not sure if he had anything else done to the M5, but he definitly had an exhaust. As soon as the light turns green, we both nail it again. Except this time, I think I got a little excited, and ended up hiting the gas a bit to hard, and started doing a little burn out. Took me FOREVER to get traction. When I did get traction, the M5 was prolly 2 cars ahead already. We ended about 1/2 a car infront by 100mph-ish. We had to turn at the next stop light and went on our way home. The guy in the M5 seemed like a cool guy, he honked and gave the thumbs up as he passed while we were turning.

So, needless to say, it was a really fun drive home

Reactions: m5_kid54

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
lol you're joking right? I've raced my friend's 2005 CL600 and he had no chance, especially from a roll....

Proof: YouTube - BMW M5 Vs. MB CL600

(notice in the video during the first race, he floors it before I do and I still beat him)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
lol you're joking right? I've raced my friend's 2005 CL600 and he had no chance, especially from a roll....

(notice in the video during the first race, he floors it before I do and I still beat him)
Obviously you didn't read the OP's signature...he has a RENNtech tuned CL600 which is putting out 560+rwhp. My buddy with a similarly powered '05 CL600 ran a 10.9X @ 127mph in the 1/4 mile and 8.24s 60-130mph time on a vbox.... a world of difference from your buddy's stock CL600.

Tom

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Obviously you didn't read the OP's signature...he has a RENNtech tuned CL600 which is putting out 560+rwhp. My buddy with a similarly powered '05 CL600 ran a 10.9X @ 127mph in the 1/4 mile and 8.24s 60-130mph time on a vbox.... a world of difference from your buddy's stock CL600.

Tom
ahh, makes sense then

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

Tom
Sounds like the M5 did respectably well as a N/A sedan against the RENNtech beast. BTW, Tom, what is the status of running your V against the M5 stroker in your area?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Sounds like the M5 did respectably well as a N/A sedan against the RENNtech beast. BTW, Tom, what is the status of running your V against the M5 stroker in your area?
Yeah, it sounds like the M5 did pretty well. No shame at all in losing to a 560+rwhp torque-monster by a couple of car lengths...

We've been hit with snow here in MD (not as bad as up north) a few times over the past month. I suspect that is why I haven't heard anything from him. Which reminds me, we have another track rental coming up in February. I am going to PM the stoker owner and see if he can come out and play.

Tom

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Whoa, easy buddy. No need to jump on my case about it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, it sounds like the M5 did pretty well. No shame at all in losing to a 560+rwhp torque-monster by a couple of car lengths...

Tom

Yes, I agree. The M5 did very well.

I'm not sure what mods the M5 had done. He as least had an exhaust system, the thing was screaming!! Much lounder (better sounding) than my CL600.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts