BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
My first impression about the sound of the car is that it sounds alot like the Lamborghini Gallardo. (watch the Tiff Needell review of the Gallardo) Both have V-10's so it's not a coincidence that they sound similar.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Those wheels are looking better all the time, as is the rest of the car - thank you Tom :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Im glad we finally have a picture of the wheels that aren't blacked out. It'll be interesting to see the first spy shots with the full M conversions, mirrors and all. But what I've seen so far is promising.

You can even see a hint of the rear deck spoiler in this shot:

:noSMG: Pierce!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
:eek:
I remember the first time I heard the S62 roaring out of a nice family sedan, but that thing is going to turn heads! Sounds very very good, and the car IMO is shaping up well. Look at how flat that thing is for being so heavy and (assumedly) driven fast. Gotta love the active sway bars, which work great!
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Great post, thanks Tom!

Looks very promising indeed and hopefully it will be revealed to our fellow boardmembers heading to Geneva in the spring. (Still waiting to see if my schedule allows for me to join the group ?????? )

·
Registered
546 Posts
Those pics are phenomenal, didn`t like the wheels at first but now that they are no longer blackcoated...

Sound is really nice too. Did anyone notice the quick upshift, sounds to me like SMG.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
asturias said:
Those pics are phenomenal, didn`t like the wheels at first but now that they are no longer blackcoated...

Sound is really nice too. Did anyone notice the quick upshift, sounds to me like SMG.
Possibly, but didn't sound that quick to me.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Quick or not, it sounds nice... Does anyone have a rear view picture on this one?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Can't be all THAT different from a normal E60 can it?? But yeah... very nice. Looking better and better as they peel off that tape.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Very nice... looks promising... I'm liking it

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
dNA3D said:
Can't be all THAT different from a normal E60 can it?? But yeah... very nice. Looking better and better as they peel off that tape.
There is no doubt the car will have an E60 look to it- but the word I hear is that it is very aggressive when compared to the E39 stock car vs. M car. There will be the quad exhausts, there will be the aggressive body work with flared out wheel arches, the big wheels+tires, and there will be the M style side gills which will now be a M design element. The people I speak with say opinion is split on the more aggressive styling- some like it as they thought the E39 was too conservative/ austere. Others dont, they like that the M5 is a bit of a sleeper and doesnt attract too much attention and the E39 had the right mix of sporty/aggressive and corporate sedan hauler look. Im in the latter group- but Ill try to keep an open mind on styling until the M5 is really available to be seen.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts