BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums because I could use some help with troubleshooting. I usually read these forums and they have helped fix some problems on my 2006 M5 (10/2005 MFG date). So the problem I am currently having is the car goes into reduced power mode after it is up to operating temperature and idles at a stop light. Seems to happen after roughly 8-10 seconds of idling. More confusing to me is that the car doesn't feel any different when the SES light comes on. The only difference is the redline. It goes to the 7K limited mode not the more severe 4K one. Codes are P0101 and 2737. These point to MAF circuit A range/performance(passenger side) and Filling plausibility Bank 1(passenger side). Annoying part is that i just changed O2 sensors and the MAF on that side only a week ago. No cracked hoses or anything that i could immediately see that would allow air into the system without it going by the MAF first. A friend of mine has been involved in the troubleshooting since he has all the software loaded onto a laptop. We reset fuel system adaptations to allow the car to re-learn since the car still had long term trims from fried O2 sensors. After resetting the adaptations, car seemed to run better but still would throw the same 2 codes at idle. I double checked the boots on the bank 1 collector connecting it to the ITBs and nothing seems to be loose. The only thing that seemed odd is when we tested the idle air actuators through ISTA. Bank 1 actuator sounded like it might be struggling a bit when compared to Bank 2. Cold starts are a touch rough in my opinion but smooth out after only a few seconds. If it helps, the car has Dinan S1 package so it has the Dinan intakes and exhaust plus their tune plus some non relevant suspenion upgrades. New filters for the Dinan intakes were put in around 2 months ago, new evap canister put in also about a month ago. Spark plugs got roughly 11K on them(plan on checking to see how they look). From what i could tell when i changed the spark plugs a while back, the coils were replaced around October of 17. Car has 120K miles on the clock. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, 186 views and not one response. Well to help others in the future, it was the bank 1 idle actuator. Found the test cycle in ISTA+ which gauges the ramp up and ramp down cycles and the bank 1 Idle actuator failed it miserably. Got another put in and the beast is happy again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts