I think both would be offered...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I think it will only be offered in manual transmission. lets wait and see

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
I'd like to know how BMW is going to make this one work! In the M3 the gear selector is down where the manual transmission is now and behind the steering wheel too. If they're going to put it in the next generation E60 then how are they going to implement the iDrive and the SMG3/6 spd all in the same space without becoming too confusing for us poor folks. I know that it would definitely be sacrilage if they were to put the SMG3 shifter on the steering column a la the 745i.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think I would definately order SMG if it was avaliable. Just in case I hated it I will prob put down two deposits one for the first year it came out and then another order for the following year. So I would have the chance to get another m5 incase the first model year is shady. Also everyone knows that the first year you have to order from pictures not being able to see the actual car and the actual color on the car in real life. Anyway its a long time away.mmmmmm

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Boston m57777 said:
I think I would definately order SMG if it was avaliable. Just in case I hated it I will prob put down two deposits one for the first year it came out and then another order for the following year. So I would have the chance to get another m5 incase the first model year is shady. Also everyone knows that the first year you have to order from pictures not being able to see the actual car and the actual color on the car in real life. Anyway its a long time away.mmmmmm
I wouldn't bother with the first year...I'd just wait for the 2nd year's production run. Let them iron out the bugs then.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I agree, but most likely the resale value of an m5 will remain at msrp or over, so I kind of would not loose anything. Plus it would be so hard to see an e60 m5 blow past my e39 m5 for a good year until I get one. I kind of have to have the new things call me childish but im just a car nut.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Screw i-Drive! Why not stick to basics? After all, we're in it for the driving of the car aren't we? ;)

Just my $0.02,

ALX

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I heard that i-drive was going to be an option and that it would not be in the exact same place as on the seven...just rumors tho...

all the best
Adam

·
Registered
911 Posts
I just got back from the dealership, where I was able to sit in a new 7 and fiddle with the iDrive, and man the car isn't getting any better looking for me. But the inside, I like! It's well thought out and best of all gadgety!

As for iDrive, though a good idea, it's still not "there" yet. Maybe it needs to be all voice controlled to be most effect, but then again what do I know? ;) ;)

Next time I'd like to drive the new 7 and see how it feels. It maybe a good preview of how the E60 will be like.

ALX

·
Registered
771 Posts
:DI-drive WILL be standard, and yes the voice activation will too!
I-drive is just a form of information recall.Just point the highlighted cursor in the right direction and click.If you're not comfortable with that,you can use a voice command,it's all very simple.Definitely there for the betterment of man!;)
As for the integration of SMG,It's pretty simple,Either the knob will go behind the steering wheel alla 745i or it will go in front of the I-drive knob!
I guess we'll find out next June! See y'all then!:byee55amg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts