Registered
342 Posts
That would really be the all in one package. No need for SUV

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BMW.WilliamsF1Team said:
A Touring M5 would be awesome. I'd definitely prefer it over the sedan. Do you happen to have anymore pictures of the silver E39 M5 Touring?
Sorry, thats all!

M

·
0 Posts
i've read a long time ago that this m5 touring (e39) was a big bmw chief's car
anyone who can confirm it..
and whose?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
BMW.WilliamsF1Team said:
A Touring M5 would be awesome. I'd definitely prefer it over the sedan. Do you happen to have anymore pictures of the silver E39 M5 Touring?
Found this blue one. OOPS the badge is on the wrong side!

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
BMW.WilliamsF1Team said:
That car belonged to Gerard Richter - head of BMW M GmbH. The picture posted above was ripped off from Gustav's trip report to Germany in 2001. A link to the trip report and more information about that car can be found in the following thread.

M5 Wagon/Touring in Germany?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've got to the point in family life where I'd take a touring over the saloon/sedan.

I also think the style suits the touring more, but I think there could be a lot of road noise from the exposed boot/trunk.

I'm going to move my deposit over to a touring when my M5 arrives, just incase they do relase it in the future. As one of the replys to Gustav's questions, at the launch he attended, was along the lines of if the US wants it we'll make it :wroom:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gustav said:
More pics of the one and only BMW M5 E39 Touring:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49037
Thanks! Back in 2000, I liked the idea of a Touring M5 and made my own from BMWusa.com using an M5 sedan and 5-Touring. I had the rear shot, but my computer crashed and I lost the rest of my files including an M7 I made :( . Keep in mind this was in MS Paint, so it's not perfect. http://img129.exs.cx/img129/6918/m5silverwagon3ep.jpg

I also made an E46 M3 Touring and Sedan recently. If anyone wants to see them, just let me know.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Please don't take this wrong, but why do you guys like station wagons? Is this a European thing? I can't imagine there being a market for a 500hp station wagon. I don't get it.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
BMW.WilliamsF1Team said:
I also made an E46 M3 Touring and Sedan recently. If anyone wants to see them, just let me know.
Might be nice to see them - post them in the E46 M3 forum please.

·
Registered
397 Posts
greg_h said:
Please don't take this wrong, but why do you guys like station wagons? Is this a European thing? I can't imagine there being a market for a 500hp station wagon. I don't get it.
Why not :confused2 its the best of two worlds :wroom:

RS6 Avant and the Merc E55 AMG Estate are great sellers :noSMG:

I would always go for the Avant - Touring etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
greg_h said:
I was born and raised in the US and I love the wagon look more. I think it looks sleeker (more of that 'wedge' look that I love so much). Not only that, but it's also a sleeper in the US (I'm not much of a fan of flashy things).

M5 Touring > M5 > M3 Touring > M3 in my opinion. The RS4 and Ferrari 456 Estate are awesome, too!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts