BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Hello from Australia, I have had my M5 for a couple of years now and it let me down on last weekend, from the looks of it the SMG pump failed on me. My questions related mostly to that, should i replace the accumulator and the clutch position sensor when i do the pump? Also, the other codes 4F42 & 4F43 relate to the pump failing or something else?

20210406_171621.jpg

Also, while i am going when i did the scan i found these codes in the the engine ECU anything in particular parts i should change or things to look for?

20210406_172041.jpg

TIA

Aaron.

·
Registered
798 Posts
For the SMG faults, yeah the motor is the suspect here, you can also view the pressure if it is weak or nor pressure if it is dead.
No reason to change the PLCD for this case but for preventive maintenance and rule out possibility of future troubleshooting.

For fault 275A, no.8 coil, it is best to swap Ionic module between banks and see if the fault follow to no.3 if not check wiring continuity to coil.8 and from Ionic module to DME for that cylinder, and DME pins is not corroded.

For fault 2B5D, you may need to access the DSC and run fault scan, view the wheel speed values while driving, use cruise control, delete the fault and rescan, can you read wheel speed at the SMG ECU?, this fault regarding cruise control malfunction and require more test and data to know what is going on with it. Also access the fault to read more details why the DME complains about it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
INPA is your tools ,,use it.do not bother with something else’s.

Thank you

Reactions: A-A-Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the SMG faults, yeah the motor is the suspect here, you can also view the pressure if it is weak or nor pressure if it is dead.
No reason to change the PLCD for this case but for preventive maintenance and rule out possibility of future troubleshooting.

For fault 275A, no.8 coil, it is best to swap Ionic module between banks and see if the fault follow to no.3 if not check wiring continuity to coil.8 and from Ionic module to DME for that cylinder, and DME pins is not corroded.

For fault 2B5D, you may need to access the DSC and run fault scan, view the wheel speed values while driving, use cruise control, delete the fault and rescan, can you read wheel speed at the SMG ECU?, this fault regarding cruise control malfunction and require more test and data to know what is going on with it. Also access the fault to read more details why the DME complains about it.

Thankyou Platii

Im still very new to this car and it being so temperamental. I really do need to buy myself a laptop and download all the programs (INPA,ISTA etc) so i can be more informed on what is going on with this car.

Would you recommend to change the accumulator or leave it?

Thankyou

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
INPA is your tools ,,use it.do not bother with something else’s.

Thank you
Thankyou for your input Mubarak, i do need to get a laptop and use these programs so i know what im up against when it has faults

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thankyou Platii

Im still very new to this car and it being so temperamental. I really do need to buy myself a laptop and download all the programs (INPA,ISTA etc) so i can be more informed on what is going on with this car.

Would you recommend to change the accumulator or leave it?

Thankyou
Accumulators rarely fail on these cars. Unless you know for sure it is faulty, I'd leave it well alone. It appears your pump motor is the culprit here.

Reactions: A-A-Ron
1 - 7 of 7 Posts