BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my fuel injectors failed and I have decided to replace them all. I wanted to know if anyone knows of after market larger fuel injectors for the s85 v10 engine???? Been searching the Internet but have not found any. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
769 Posts
Contact ESS Tuning. They have bigger injectors for their supercharger kits.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
One of my fuel injectors failed and I have decided to replace them all. I wanted to know if anyone knows of after market larger fuel injectors for the s85 v10 engine???? Been searching the Internet but have not found any. Thank you in advance
Yes, but it's a can of worms. ESS is your most likely source (I'm guessing) as they replace the injectors with ther S/C kits.

There are many different injectors that will work as long as the specs are correct. See the spread sheet below for the factory specs. I collected this planning a future S85 project thay will need more flow.

View attachment bosch injector data.xls

However, along with this comes change required to the DME calibration to run them. Quite honestly, there probably aren't that many companies that can/will do this. The fuel pulsewidth must be changed along with the injector scaling data to account for larger flow. Keep in mind that the variable output fuel pumps probably complicate this a bit. I'm sure Evolve, ESS, or other reputable companies are capable of this.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Changing the injector specs in the DME should not be too hard. I use an HP tuners for my other car and as long as you have the injector specs it's easy.

Get the specs before you buy the injectors otherwise your going to have headaches. You will more likely have to purchase a tune to get them to change values in the DME.

Nice spreadsheet colley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts