BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to add on to my garage. I currently have an 04 BMW M3. I want another 4-door German beast. What should I get? E60 M5 or the Audi RS4.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Since it's not my money. Brabus CLS Rocket.

But seriously, these cars are very different. Test drive both
and make your decision. Don't ask us. We are biased.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I dont get it....your choices should be:

New M3 or RS4
M5 or RS6

but to answer your question.... get the M5

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont get it....your choices should be:

New M3 or RS4
M5 or RS6

but to answer your question.... get the M5

the waiting list at the local BMW dealer is about a year to have one.
RS6 is just not what im looking for, more of an M5 RS4 guy.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You can custom order one and get it in less than 3-4 months from most California dealers. Just ship it, if the wait list is truly a year, which seems unlikely. Talk to another dealer in your area.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can custom order one and get it in less than 3-4 months from most California dealers. Just ship it, if the wait list is truly a year, which seems unlikely. Talk to another dealer in your area.
Im set with an M3. I dont need another one, I need something with 4 doors.

·
4,385 Posts

get the audi F--K BMW's they SUCK-455

>>>i hope by this point you've caught onto the sarcasm...

hmmm...not just you, but everyone who asks for an opinion from us and one of the choices is an M5,
1-did you really think you'd get the other car as the answer

&

2- did you ask the same question on the RS4 site

...unless the choice is like:

M5 vs. F50
M3 vs. Carrera GT

BMW is gonna be the answer...i got nothing against this thread i really wouldn't mind/care if you asked a new one everyday, but i'm pretty sure all the choice combos have been discussed, in depth including as a daily-driver, track-car, weekend-car, garage-queen, depreciation prone-car, etc etc...

personal opinion: if you plan on keeping the car until either you or the car is run-into the ground an M is always going to be the choice, but if you just want it until something new comes out, i would just flip a coin since the result won't really matter

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im set with an M3. I dont need another one, I need something with 4 doors.

·
Registered
291 Posts
RS4 is based on the A4 which is a lower model than the 5 series which the M5 is based on. In addition, the current RS4 is a bit dated in styling. (especially the interior)

·
Registered
54 Posts
You absolutely have to drive both. I was in your situation about 3-4 months ago when I sold my Supra. I needed a fun/quick car with 4 doors and had it narrowed down to the RS4 and M5.

I used to own an S4, so I knew how much fun the Audi could be. And I have had a number of BMW's as well, including a current track E30 M3, so I know how much fun BMW's are.

Honestly, after 10 minutes driving each, I knew 100% which car was right for me. While the RS4 was a blast to drive, it was very small inside and lacked the "toys" and luxury that the M5 came with. Also, the understeer got to me a little when pushed hard and while the acceleration was nice, it didn't have that kick that I was used to with my Supra.

As soon as I pulled away from the first traffic light in the M5, I knew it was the car for me. My criteria was luxury and comfort with balls to back it up, and the M5 delivered. After 3 months of ownership, absolutely no regrets.

No one can tell you which one is right for you. But I guarantee that you will know after only a few minutes.

Good luck...

·
Registered
218 Posts
look what board your posting on lol

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Choose the RS4 if you want to be embarassed by every performance car on the planet.

The RS4 is the slowest 400+ hp car EVER. Horrible.

Look at Gustav's airfield videos, the RS4 is everybody's whipping boy.

Hope I was clear enough :7:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a RS4 Avant prior to my M5 now. Like most folks are saying here, these are 2 very different car. The only kind of similarity that I can think of is the pleasure of driving either one.

RS4 has a very well tuned engine. The noise, the power range is awesome. Traction is not a question when it comes to an Audi especially in a RS4. Cabin build quality is great. I reckon Audi has the finest build quality among all German's car. All the details are paid with the highest attention. In terms of an apple to apple comparison, M3, Merc C 63 will be its rival. I have test driven the E92 M3 and I still like the RS4 better. The RS4 is just so well-balanced overall.

I switched to the M5 coz' I needed a bigger car for the passengers. Mind you the RS4 recaro bucket seats look great but it's not something you want for an everyday drive especially for the ladies. M5 is a totally different car since it's a V10, rear wheel drive, SMG meaning more power, more fun at corners and no clutch.

To summarize, it's hard to pick but you won't regret in either one.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Have you seen Top Gears review dated 12/23/2007? They reviewed the E92 M3, Mercedes AMG, and Audi RS4. Out of the 3, the RS4 was last.

I'm switching from an E46 M3 to the E60 M5. My order will be placed tomorrow.

Good luck with your decision.

Regards,

·
Registered
69 Posts
ive got an m5, my brother has an rs4, both awsome cars. we trade for days at a time.

the m5 is a little bigger and nicer inside i think. the rs4 is a bit smaller and not as roomy..

either way is a good choice =]

·
Registered
331 Posts
ive got an m5, my brother has an rs4, both awsome cars. we trade for days at a time.

the m5 is a little bigger and nicer inside i think. the rs4 is a bit smaller and not as roomy..

either way is a good choice =]
And ur rs4 is the loudest one on the planet. :haha:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Two of the very best, the E60 M5 and the B7 RS4. Both redline north of 8k and have NA engines making 100bhp/liter.

The M5 is roomier (you already have a small perf. car), more of a status symbol and will walk away from the Audi on a hwy like it is standing still.

The RS4 is the best looking sedan on the market (though no longer being produced though), sounds like a Nascar and is the king of German performance when the roads turn tight and greasy.

Overall, the M5 is the superior car. However, it's more expensive and if you want to go fast in winter conditions then I'd take the RS4.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts