BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone new to forum sorry if wrong area to post...... today was driving to going 70 and got oil pressure failure warning lucky it was right by my job drove about 1block got to parking lot and noticed that it was leaking oil from the bottom of engine was wondering what you guys think engine gone... definitely rod damage I'm thinking. thx for reading any advice or Indy mechanics around LA would be appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Look in the following areas; top front of engine. This would be where the high pressure line exits the front of the block and goes into a T at the top.

Take the plastic off the oil filter area. Is there oil there? Next take the shrouds off underneath. Look around the oil cooler and around the oil pan.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi everyone new to forum sorry if wrong area to post...... today was driving to going 70 and got oil pressure failure warning lucky it was right by my job drove about 1block got to parking lot and noticed that it was leaking oil from the bottom of engine was wondering what you guys think engine gone... definitely rod damage I'm thinking. thx for reading any advice or Indy mechanics around LA would be appreciated
Did ure engine lockup? Make noise? Did u check ure oil level? More info would be helpful

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hopefully its just oil cooler related or something that is not catastrophic. Like others said, a little more description would be helpful. Goodluck..

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yeah the oil cooler fails on what, a 100% of these cars? Some slightly leak, some bust open at the same place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
happened on my way to work I did get tick or knock and vibration noticed it was smoking as well..... service engine light came on as well as dsc,dbs and low oil pressure I have a appointment with mechanic on Saturday at Auto werkstatt done all the work on car there....keep you posted hopefully not catastrophic but I'm afraid it will be

·
Registered
267 Posts
happened on my way to work I did get tick or knock and vibration noticed it was smoking as well..... service engine light came on as well as dsc,dbs and low oil pressure I have a appointment with mechanic on Saturday at Auto werkstatt done all the work on car there....keep you posted hopefully not catastrophic but I'm afraid it will be
There is a guy on Ebay who is in LA that rebuilds S85's and S65's. I think I have his number somewhere. I have a feeling he's a pretty reasonable guy to deal with. Otherwise keep Troy Jeup in mind. Lets just hope this is not your daily like what your sn says. I can make my M5 a daily driver but I have 4 other vehicles at my disposal so it stays in the garage most of the time but does get ripped to 8500 (now) on weekends since the rod bearing job.. absolutely the best stress reliever ever (y)..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Keep your hopes up...if you didn’t drive it long and hard after the light went on it could be fine, these engines can take some abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately yeah it's my daily definitely a hate love relationship lol...any info would be appreciated....thank you very much trying to stay positive

·
Registered
164 Posts
Find the oil leak, fix it and start the engine. I just had the front of my car all apart and there are tons of oil lines. The oil cooler just behind the screen in front is a great candidate to receive a rock from the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts