Registered
4,412 Posts
Dan,

The next 6 months will seem like years.:sad2:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Tony,

I couldn't agree more. You know.. I know it might sound stupid.. but the longer I wait.. there is a growing part of me that wants to just move on to something else. As I said.. I know... makes no sense.. Of course, I don't really want to take delivery in the middle of winter.. during a move across country.

·
Registered
703 Posts
vndkshn said:
Tony,

I couldn't agree more. You know.. I know it might sound stupid.. but the longer I wait.. there is a growing part of me that wants to just move on to something else. As I said.. I know... makes no sense.. Of course, I don't really want to take delivery in the middle of winter.. during a move across country.
+1

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I hear you Dan. Not sure how your winters are in VA, but our winters are just getting uglier so a V10 M Car will just get parked for 3-4 months which is no fun. If a move is in your cards, that just complicates things.

Although a car late this year has my name on it, I am also thinking about waiting for the 6 speed and then again I ask myself do I really need two M5's hmmm so I may start looking for something else to compliment the E39. In the mean time I will ponder while we wait some more.

Good luck with your move and your car decision.

cherrsagai T.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Dan,
Thats classic frustration. You want to deal with it by just moving on. You can do that of course. My advice is to let it go. The car will get here. The car you drive now (E39 M5 right?) is one hellva car! If I remember correctly there is a leasing issue. There has got to be a way around it. Maybe you get the dealer to give you a good lease deal on a 545 for a year. Just from seeing how past M car launches have gone- I said youll see a few in the US this Fall (which looks like it will be true) and that will correspond with dealer craziness and then the volume will increase throughout 2006- so anyone thats early on a list should expect Spring 2006 because those early cars will go for 20k over sticker. Its just how it has come to be. This is just as a rule of course, there could be specific dealers who will deliver car #1 at MSRP.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Jerry,
Yeah, I have an M5 now, and believe it or not.. I am somewhat getting bored with it. I know, hard to believe. I think that the "shortcomings" (now THAT is a funny thing to say about that car) have really started to bug me, and I want more performance, especially handling. I know I could buy it at the end, and I have thought about buying it out early (only have a couple of months to go). I have also seriously considered just sending my existing car to DA.. or buying Rob's.. but it is a bad time at this moment to do that. So, I am in that classic debate... mod the current car, or start fresh with a new one. I gotta say.. the one thing the new M5 has going for it that has prevented me from just giving up is that V10 sound. If I mod the current car.. I start digging a hole and then filling it in on myself, as I have more invested in the car that I could ever possibly get back from it if I wanted to sell. Which leads to a couple of the cars I have now... I just have too much invested in them!! Now, the one other big thing going against modding the current car (or getting a modded one) is that it is a family/business car.. so I don't want to get the downsides of a modded car... I do take alot of trips in my current BMWs.

Tony,
Winters in in VA can be hit or miss. This last one wasn't that bad.. and I have extra vehicles to use in the snow if needed. It is still a pain to do that of course. At least where I am moving to gets pretty much zero snow. And I might take the same path as you and wait for the 6 speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts