BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys - my rims just got delivered and installed yesterday.

$2700 includes 20x9 - 20x10.5 rear + Michelin Pilot Sport AS3s. Came with tire pressure sensors, but no ///M logo (sticker) - need to order those separately somewhere (maybe $6-$10).

Discount Tires locally here in Jacksonville, FL.

here are some pix of the Pony with new shoes.

Attachments

Reactions: Kazakh015

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Out of all those pics you didn't take a single one that has a good angle of what they look like on the car. Great job!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL - you're right - i dont even have a side view shot. will take one later today.

sorry boss!

Reactions: cleoent

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks good!! :cool:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Great choice. This is a sexy wheel! Looks perfect.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks nice but as others have alluded to, a full on side shot would have been the first picture I took!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Side view ;-)

alrighty guys and gals - sorry for not having these side view pix originally.

just took these this morning on my iPhone, but it will give you an idea...

happy motoring yall!

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
Nice wheels, but I prefer ones with deeper and more concave design on the E60. However, I think they'd look awesome on an E9x M3 :).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nice wheels, but I prefer ones with deeper and more concave design on the E60. However, I think they'd look awesome on an E9x M3 :).
yes, it was definitely a toss up between the avant garde M359 and the Miro 111 wheels which are a little bit more concave/aggressive. i wanted the look to be a little more OEM.

either one was pretty cool looking - again, rims and wheels are COMPLETELY a matter of personal taste and opinion.

below are 20" Miro 111

Attachments

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have the miros and I like them. But I like yours too! Did you consider black? Something about white on black makes me droool.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the miros and I like them. But I like yours too! Did you consider black? Something about white on black makes me droool.
yes, i like Miro's a whole lot too - like i said, it was a toss up.

i did consider black for about a split second - only problem was that i'm starting to see a whole bunch of white cars (not just BMW) with black rims - so i dared to be different...or rather OG :biggrinbounce:

again, completely a matter of personal preference...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Black wheels are like red brake calipers now days. Almost everyone but their mother has it, regardless if their brakes are "performance" or not. Sadly CF diffusers are also turning into the mainstream madness. Black wheels are everywhere as well so I think it's good that you didn't go for the black finish on those wheels.

I thought about picking up a set of Miros's at one point, but then decided against those kinds of wheels because they are too much pain to clean :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Black wheels are like red brake calipers now days. Almost everyone but their mother has it, regardless if their brakes are "performance" or not. Sadly CF diffusers are also turning into the mainstream madness. Black wheels are everywhere as well so I think it's good that you didn't go for the black finish on those wheels.

I thought about picking up a set of Miros's at one point, but then decided against those kinds of wheels because they are too much pain to clean :)
AMEN to ALL OF THE ABOVE!

it is definitely much more of a pain to clean 100 indiv spokes, but hey it looks good for about 4-5 days :hihi:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

I can guarantee you without a shadow of a doubt there are far more silver wheels than black, so that logic is invalid.

And yes the Miro's are a PAIN to clean.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts