BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...
I'm trying to help out a friend who's car came in with a cylinder 3 misfire 2b37 misfire with cutoff, cyl 3.

We replaced the #3 coil and all the plugs. Now the vehicle has again cylinder 3 misfire and multiple misfires #5,6,7

we switched the ionic module and checked again and now we are getting the following codes...

2b3e misfire with cutoff cyl 10
2b3d """ cyl 9
2b3c """ cyl 8
2b3b """ cyl 7
2b3a """ cyl 6

2b41 misfire with cutoff at several cylinders

can anyone give us any ideas???

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya but... When we replaced coil 3 we had also misfires on 6&7 . And that was before we switched the ionic module.

BTW- Troy .... When you going to let me know when my SILVERSTONE seat pad will be ready?????

T

·
0 Posts
Ya but... When we replaced coil 3 we had also misfires on 6&7 . And that was before we switched the ionic module.

BTW- Troy .... When you going to let me know when my SILVERSTONE seat pad will be ready?????

Text me...lol. I can help you figure out the engine issues and I still have the seat pad

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Monday we will be looking at the .. wires and injectors..... if anyone has any other idea's or knows whats happening....

* Troy sent you a text*

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok we checked the following

1) checked continuity with wires and connectors to coils .ok
2) checked continuity in cyl#3 coil in relation to good coils .all ok same resistance
3) checked continuity/resistance between #3 and ionic and compared with #2 and ionic and #1 and ionic. Found resistance high between #3 and ionic.
* also when #3 misfired the engine turns off that injector as a safety feature and it has to be re-initialized again.

Installed new ionic controller and all is good!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Looks like one of my ionic modules decided to be a dick the other day. Multiple misfires on bank 2 and 4 of the 5 plugs were wet. We had the hottest day of the year here in Calgary on tuesday (35deg C) and being stuck in traffic made it worse. Looks like I cooked an ion under the hood and it took a **** on me.

I spoke to troy and he is sending me a new module. Just glad the new engine is still ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts