Do we still have to worry about valve adjustments on the E60? I did a search and all I found was this thread: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/171755-please-do-not-flame-do-m5s-need-valve-adjustments.htmlKees was able to help out with the update.
Cleaned up formatting and added a few more DIYs
The important holes right now are in the regular maintenance schedule.
- Air filter: Inspect every 15,000 miles, replace every 15,000-30,000
- Cabin air filter: Inspect every 15,000 miles, replace every 15,000-30,000
- Spark plugs: every 60,000 miles (stick with OEM)
DIY UPDATE/IMPROVEMENT NEEDED:
- Engine oil/filter: Every 7,500 miles (Castrol TWS Motorsport 10W-60)
- Fuel filter: every 60,000 miles
- Brake fluid: Every 1-2 years
- Engine coolant: Every 2 years (50/50 mix of BMW anti-freeze + distilled water)
- Power steering fluid: every 30,000 miles (Pentosin CHF 11.S)
- Gearbox oil (SMG & 6MT): every 30,000 miles (MTF-LT-2 or Red Line MTL)
- Differential oil: every 30,000 miles (Castrol SAF-XJ or Red Line 75W-140)
- Valve adjustment: every 30,000-60,000 miles
If external sites have good DIYs that would apply for E60 M5s (even if written for E60s in general or even other models), let me know.
I have not seen anyone here do valve adjustments for the e60 M5Do we still have to worry about valve adjustments on the E60? I did a search and all I found was this thread: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/171755-please-do-not-flame-do-m5s-need-valve-adjustments.html
According to that thread it's not applicable to the our cars so maybe it should be removed from the maintenance schedule to avoid confusion unless that's wrong.
I found a power steering flush DIY here: Power Steering Flush - 5Series.net - Forums
I haven't done it myself and it's not for a M5 so I can't say if it's accurate.