Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Added, thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Added, thanks. I believe the pdf summarizes the CC messages for an E92, but a lot of them apply for us as well.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Been on here over two years and first time I have looked in here HAHA!!

Doing my V1 hardwire install and found the link....Thanks so much :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Been on here over two years and first time I have looked in here HAHA!!

Doing my V1 hardwire install and found the link....Thanks so much :M5thumbs:
so wait, it took you two years to realize there is a DIY thread or just to look into it? :blink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
This thread is king!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
finally have an oil change DIY with pictures. Thanks Black Hawk.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Huh?

Hey PeteS...

Don't know if you know, but there is a hyperlink on your post above that links to this:
Jabsco DIY Oil Change System w/Pump & 3.5 Gallon Bucket

It was visible when I wasn't logged in, but is gone now that I am logged in. Strange.

Could it be the mods (new m5board.com owners) hyperlinking paid-for ads to posts?
New spam?

Anyway, just thought you should know...
SF

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yes, it must be a targeted hyperlink ad....pretty common to see that on forums. I don't have any control over that. I use adblock on Chrome so i don't see those ads regardless of whether or not i am logged in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kees was able to help out with the update.

Cleaned up formatting and added a few more DIYs

The important holes right now are in the regular maintenance schedule.
HAVE DIY:
- Air filter: Inspect every 15,000 miles, replace every 15,000-30,000
- Cabin air filter: Inspect every 15,000 miles, replace every 15,000-30,000
- Spark plugs: every 60,000 miles (stick with OEM)

DIY UPDATE/IMPROVEMENT NEEDED:
- Engine oil/filter: Every 7,500 miles (Castrol TWS Motorsport 10W-60)
- Fuel filter: every 60,000 miles

DIY MISSING:
- Brake fluid: Every 1-2 years
- Engine coolant: Every 2 years (50/50 mix of BMW anti-freeze + distilled water)
- Power steering fluid: every 30,000 miles (Pentosin CHF 11.S)
- Gearbox oil (SMG & 6MT): every 30,000 miles (MTF-LT-2 or Red Line MTL)
- Differential oil: every 30,000 miles (Castrol SAF-XJ or Red Line 75W-140)
- Valve adjustment: every 30,000-60,000 miles

If external sites have good DIYs that would apply for E60 M5s (even if written for E60s in general or even other models), let me know.
Do we still have to worry about valve adjustments on the E60? I did a search and all I found was this thread: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/171755-please-do-not-flame-do-m5s-need-valve-adjustments.html
According to that thread it's not applicable to the our cars so maybe it should be removed from the maintenance schedule to avoid confusion unless that's wrong.

I found a power steering flush DIY here: Power Steering Flush - 5Series.net - Forums
I haven't done it myself and it's not for a M5 so I can't say if it's accurate.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Do we still have to worry about valve adjustments on the E60? I did a search and all I found was this thread: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/171755-please-do-not-flame-do-m5s-need-valve-adjustments.html
According to that thread it's not applicable to the our cars so maybe it should be removed from the maintenance schedule to avoid confusion unless that's wrong.

I found a power steering flush DIY here: Power Steering Flush - 5Series.net - Forums
I haven't done it myself and it's not for a M5 so I can't say if it's accurate.
I have not seen anyone here do valve adjustments for the e60 M5

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Re: Valve adjustments, if the consensus is we don't need it, i'm happy to remove it to avoid confusion.

Will add power steering fluid flush

Added clutch adaption DIY from Inferno's other post.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Started my own thread on this but maybe someone on this thread has some insight. Ok many thanks to all that have contributed to this DIY as I enjoyed this project but still need help. The last step in this process is "Connect the battery, start the car. After the dreaded yellow AWD, break, stability control lights come up, turn the wheels all the way to the left, then all the way to the right. The messages disappear". My problem is that the error messages do not immediately show until after driving the beast for a while after reconnecting the battery and this was the case after completing this project. Car ran great for 5 miles and then the same issue came back. Any insight? Hopefully so or my Indy will be getting the car Tuesday.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The thing that is looking a bit grimy which is locate above the spark plug on the drivers side toward the back. We found it while changing the spark plugs.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 102 Posts