BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have included the M Multi-Functional Seats (Front) [order code 4MA] in the spec for my new M5 due for delivery Aug 2005.

On my previous car (530i Sports Auto) I paid extra to have the comfort seats, but would not want these on my new M5. The salesman at first was unable to satisfy me that I wouldn't get the same style of seats again but has now confirmed that they are in fact still sports seats with 'extras'.

Is anyone able to confirm exactly what the M Multi-Functional Seats (Front) are like, I particularly want the extendable lateral support currently offered in the 'Sports' models of other BMWs and will feel much happier if this could be confirmed by anyone.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bmwnewm5 said:
I have included the M Multi-Functional Seats (Front) [order code 4MA] in the spec for my new M5 due for delivery Aug 2005.

On my previous car (530i Sports Auto) I paid extra to have the comfort seats, but would not want these on my new M5. The salesman at first was unable to satisfy me that I wouldn't get the same style of seats again but has now confirmed that they are in fact still sports seats with 'extras'.

Is anyone able to confirm exactly what the M Multi-Functional Seats (Front) are like, I particularly want the extendable lateral support currently offered in the 'Sports' models of other BMWs and will feel much happier if this could be confirmed by anyone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's like your dealer say's, it's sportseats with more functions and probably they are a little bit softer, my dad has order that too. He has now the comfortseats in his 545 and he was informed that they are not the same.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I feel much happier now. Do you know what the extra's are?:cheers:

phille said:
It's like your dealer say's, it's sportseats with more functions and probably they are a little bit softer, my dad has order that too. He has now the comfortseats in his 545 and he was informed that they are not the same.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I only know that the lateral support on the 4MA seats is automatic (it adjusts depending on lateral loads), whereas in the normal seats it is adjusted manually.

Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
asturias said:
I only know that the lateral support on the 4MA seats is automatic (it adjusts depending on lateral loads), whereas in the normal seats it is adjusted manually.

Cheers :cheers:
Astuias, thanks I feel much more satisfied, thanks for letting me know.

Regards:M5launch:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
The have three different settings: Normal, Sport and Comfort which adjusts the speed which they are working when cornering.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, they sound great, I have also opted for the perforated leather with ventilation
Gustav said:
The have three different settings: Normal, Sport and Comfort which adjusts the speed which they are working when cornering.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Gustav said:
Can this be set by iDrive and then assigned to the M button?

Tom

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Since the M5 we borrowed did not have active seats I dont know that, but I guess no it cannot. The settings can be changed by pressing a button 1-3 times on the center console.

bernhtp said:
Can this be set by iDrive and then assigned to the M button?

Tom

·
Registered
943 Posts
You can program the settings in the MDrive menu, so you have them available from the M-button.

The MF seats also include the active headrests ( whiplash protection ), wich is NOT included on the standard seats!

BTW, the MF seats are exceptionally good, both in comfort, seating position and supporting during sporty driving.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I now feel re-assured. Paul :typing:
cidair said:
You can program the settings in the MDrive menu, so you have them available from the M-button.

The MF seats also include the active headrests ( whiplash protection ), wich is NOT included on the standard seats!

BTW, the MF seats are exceptionally good, both in comfort, seating position and supporting during sporty driving.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Cidair, do they have some of the built in "active" features? I think it is the comfort seats that have this function, but it would be nice if the seats automatically made small adjustments to promote circulation.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Gustav said:
I didnt know that, thank you gustav.

adam

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
bmwnewm5 said:
Ashok, thanks so much, when are you getting your car?
Week 24 delivery according to my dealer (mid-June) :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts