BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a used 2008 M5, and a previous owner changed some of the LED colors inside. I'm trying to figure out if they're working right.

Could someone check: Does the LED for the automatic headlights (right next to the headlight dial) dim with the dimmer dial for the interior lights? Also, what color is this LED?

Along with this, do the LEDs in the center of the climate knobs (like the one telling you you are in auto) dim with the dimmer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just got a used 2008 M5, and a previous owner changed some of the LED colors inside. I'm trying to figure out if they're working right.

Could someone check: Does the LED for the automatic headlights (right next to the headlight dial) dim with the dimmer dial for the interior lights? Also, what color is this LED?

Along with this, do the LEDs in the center of the climate knobs (like the one telling you you are in auto) dim with the dimmer?

Thanks!
Headlight LED doesn't dim.
LED Colour is green
All orange dash lights do dim with the dimmer including all three climate control knob centres

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, this is driving me nuts. Can someone else please confirm that the various status LED's in the HVAC (IHKA) controls dim with the manual dimmer over on the headlight switch? I'm talking about the LED that shows you being in AUTO mode, or having the defroster on. Not the backlighting for the temps or buttons.

I'm asking because my car doesn't dim, and the lights are pretty bright at night. The car was previously retrofitted to CIC as well as having some LED colors changed and I'm trying to figure out what is causing this. The backlights for the buttons do dim, so it's not totally broken.

I swear I read somewhere that when you do the CIC retrofit, you have to add a wire to the IHKA for dimming. Anyone else remember that, or am I delusional? Or is there a way to code this dimming in and out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Okay, this is driving me nuts. Can someone else please confirm that the various status LED's in the HVAC (IHKA) controls dim with the manual dimmer over on the headlight switch? I'm talking about the LED that shows you being in AUTO mode, or having the defroster on. Not the backlighting for the temps or buttons.

I'm asking because my car doesn't dim, and the lights are pretty bright at night. The car was previously retrofitted to CIC as well as having some LED colors changed and I'm trying to figure out what is causing this. The backlights for the buttons do dim, so it's not totally broken.

I swear I read somewhere that when you do the CIC retrofit, you have to add a wire to the IHKA for dimming. Anyone else remember that, or am I delusional? Or is there a way to code this dimming in and out?

Thanks!
The LED's do not dim
This includes the green ones on the knobs (auto, manual vent settings passenger and driver) and the buttons of A/c, defroster, recirc, etc
The orange light to show fan speed does not dim either
It doesn't dim if you have CCC or CIC retro fitted.
I have a retrofitted CIC to mine. My car is an 08 LCI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts