BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning in Gaithersburg/Germantown area of Montgomery county in Maryland, I passed an E60 going in the opposite direction where Brink Rd intersects and becomes Wightman Rd. In that there's a slight curve and a 3-way stop sign there, I didn't see it until the car in front of them cleared the stop sign as I was approaching from the opposite side. The trim around the headlights caught my eye that something was different about this, what looked to be a Carbon Black kind of colored E60. I just thought it was modded with some aftermarket trim or something. But, as I was rolling up to the stop sign, they were proceeding through it in the opposite direction and I was trying to look without being too stupid and rear ending anyone or going right through the intersection. It was difficult and all of this took place in the span of about 5-10 seconds, but as the car passed, in my rear view mirror, I saw it had an M5 badge on the trunk! I thought the E60 M5s weren't making it here until the fall. Was it real or a poser? It all happened so fast I couldn't even tell you if it had the side gills or not, the door badging, or even anything about the rest of the body mouldings . . .

Maybe I was dreaming . . .

Greg
2003 ///M5 Jet Black/Black, Sport
Beastpower Sway Bar Brackets, Bluetooth, Aux Audio Input & all "plus" options except PDC

·
Registered
646 Posts
Nice siting! We've had a few sitings out here in CA as well. Remember to have your camera phone on the ready next time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
Nice siting! We've had a few sitings out here in CA as well. Remember to have your camera phone on the ready next time.
I've also seen 2 E60 M5's out here in Souther California, both on PCH, one was in Silverstone and was being driven with the data logger aboard with the front and rear bumpers taped off and standard E60 mirrors and badges removed. I saw that car back in May and then about 3 weeks later i saw a full production M5 in Interlagos Blue with dealer plates on it. They both sounded AMAZING.:1:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You are all correct!!! Those M5's are being driven by some of BMW's top NA personal. I have a driver from BMT(Bavarian Motor Transport) come in and told me that he has ran M5's all across the country! Also, he told me that he has delivered X5 4.8iS in 6-Speed Manual's...thats right, manual transmissions!!!! Also, he said that a MZ4 is also being tested in South Carolina!! He also drove the 550i...amazing, and i quote the man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts