BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E63 M6 in Australia

The Sydney Times has a brief article summing up Cars of 2005.

Brief mention of the pricing for the E60 M5 - AU$215000 and the E63 M6 - AU$300000. Also, it would seem only 20 M6 are imported to Australia this year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mowch :grrrr:

This is the reason I'll be trading the soon to be had E60 M5 and buying a new one 12 months before I finally head home.

12 months ownership is needed to get it in under personal import rules, but it's much better than paying the Aussie price.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The prices are about right, although these are base prices, subject to delivery charges and on road costs etc. I think there about 30 M6 coming here from end of 2005 to end of 2006. Not a lot at all. My dealer assures my M6 should be around early 2006. Luckily they are the biggest dealership in the country and so get the biggest (of a limited) allocation.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Who are you dealing with?

I always used to use Autohaus out at Parramatta, had a very good relationship with them.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I deal with BMW Sydney (Rushcutters Bay). They are employees of BMW Group, not a local franchise. They get the lion share of allocations for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the board. Me ordering M6 coupe only from Rushcutters Bay (flagship dealership).

The guys there say first M5 delivery about July/August. If your dealer can't get the car, try Rushcutters. They looked after us well. But either way, you're probably looking at 2006 for an M5 as I imagine places for 2005 are already filled up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
M6 Forever, I should have offered more info - I currently own a E46 M3 (Titanium Silver with all the options) and have been on the list at Crawfords for ages. In fact I have spot #1 for the E60 M5. Just mulling over what colour - saw a 530i in Carbon Black at a brand new dealership in Mornington, VIC a couple of months back (it had the sports body kit and knock off M5 wheels) and it looked stunning, yet I am not sure if Carbon Black will be available in the normal colour range - does anyone know? I do rather like that dark grey colour, whatever its called.

·
Registered
816 Posts
storageking,

As you have the privilege to be no.1 for the M5 at Crawford's (and I doubt they will have a big list but I may be wrong), they should look after you especially well. As for colours, I imagine the M5 colours should all be available here. Silverstone II looks pretty sexy. Otherwise you can always go Individual. You mentioned some dark grey? Is that the Stratus Grey from the standard 5 series? I'm more familiar with what's going on with the 6 than the 5. But overall, I reckon the standard palette is not very exciting. As for black, I think there are quite a few black type colours, so don't worry that Carbon Black may not be available.

When is your expected delivery month? Do you know what Crawford's allocation is for 2005? You'll be doing your specs soon, so good luck with your choices!

·
Registered
1 Posts
As you have the privilege to be no.1 for the M5 at Crawford's

Hehe - Im #1 with Alto for the M5
Think Im going to go for the Bronze, but perhaps a grey - wait for the colors to come through for OZ

Had a call from BMW they have the M5 and new 3 series at the Melbourne motor show, so they invited me down, having been a long time BMW owner.

Im also doing the BMW rally prior to the grand prix in the M3.

Hopefully going to make Targa this year too - but the M5 will experience it without doubt for next year ;)

Keep in touch Oz M5 owners, we must get together for atrack day to try these things out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts