BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I installed a dinan rear sway, and decided to not install the dinan FRC brackets...
So I'm looking for a stiffer front sway bar but have had no luck finding anything online.
Who sells a front sway bar?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hello everyone!
I installed a dinan rear sway, and decided to not install the dinan FRC brackets...
So I'm looking for a stiffer front sway bar but have had no luck finding anything online.
Who sells a front sway bar?
I have a BMW E64 M6 front sway on my M5. I believe its 29mm; 31352283123 - 29mm front sway bar; rubber bushing - 3135228319 - I believe the bracket remains the same. Please check RealOEM to verify. When I did mine several years ago they could not locate any front 29mm bar in the U.S. and had to order the bar from BMW Germany. Not sure how available the bar is today.

·
3,041 Posts
The E64 front is the stiffest OE bar. And yes larger rubbers are needed but brackets stay the same. This is what I use with a dinan FRC. Car-part (or maybe ebay?) is where I got mine from.

I feel to control body roll it could be even stiffer. But traction would suffer at that point. Car is pretty much neutral with said front setup plus rear dinan set to stiffest. And square wheels/tires.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,696 Posts
The e64 FSB is probably the best option. At some point, I may swap out my Gen 1 RD Sport FSB with the e64 bar -- and dig out my FRC.

RD Sport made two batches of FSBs. The original Gen 1 FSBs have stood the test of time. The Gen 2 FSBs snapped like a twig. RD Sport told everyone that had a failure to pound sand -- because their products were not intended for race track use. WTF???

It was the beginning of the end of their QC spiral.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts