·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow......very good list.....keep it up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can anyone add info on key fobs?

This FAQ is great - as a new M5 owner, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it.

One thing that might be nice to add is a FAQ on keys. I need to replace a key FOB and would also like a valet key. A discussion/info on the dealer costs, programming process and whether 3rd party keys can be purchased more economically would be helpful.

Thanks for this great resource!

Bruce

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anybody have any information regarding the difference between years (2006 vs. 2008?) or are they all the same? Just seeing if there was any benefit to getting a newer car (updated headlamps, tail lights, model options, etc etc).

Thanks much!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Great list of links and information!

This def. saves me alot of time from searching, Thanks!

·
8,376 Posts
Update on this:

There is no Inspection 1 or Inspection 2 on E63 M6 / newer BMW's

BMW now calls it "Condition Based service".
Basically parts will be replaced when they wear out as indicated by the maintenance screen.

Does anybody have a pdf copy they can share re: Inspection 1 and 2 maintenance service?

I posted this on the M6board and it appears no one has a copy.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Great list of links and info!

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Another thing that has been poping up on the board alot lately is the "in car venilation" function of the climate control.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello to all . I'm new on here because I've blown a piston ring on my e60 M5 its an 05 with only 65,000 on it but I did drive it properly so this is probably why .. can it be rebuilt?? and does anyone know where ?? thanks loads

·
8,376 Posts
Hi. Sorry to be critical here but here is my input to you.

You are new here because you blown a piston ring:
So if you didnt blow a piston ring - you wont be here joining our board?

You did drive your car properly and that is probably why you blew a piston ring?
Sorry, that simply doesnt make sense at all.

Can it be rebuilt?
Of course. Any engine can be rebuilt.

Does anyone know where?
Sure, try your local BMW repair shop.

I mean your question should be "I am here in (ex) San Diego, California. Does anyone have a BMW repair shop they can recommend?"

Sorry but with the questions you posted - no wonder not very many members, actually none reply to you.

You need to learn how to post questions properly so that members here can try and help you.

Hello to all . I'm new on here because I've blown a piston ring on my e60 M5 its an 05 with only 65,000 on it but I did drive it properly so this is probably why .. can it be rebuilt?? and does anyone know where ?? thanks loads

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where do I start.......You always get one don't you. Your right I wouldn't of joined if my m5 was still working .I didn't even know it existed till I started looking for help with my car.Usually forums are full of dicks like you.This forum though has lots of decent car enthusiasts who are more than willing to help and have given me lots of advice (I've had loads of replys off sound people who were happy to help me ). With them also owning a nice car they can sympathise with me. You clearly have nothing better to do ...why don't you ask your local dealer if they can rebuild you m6 engine?? (that's if you have one which you probably don't or you would understand why I want my car back)they will tell you it has a nickel bore and cant be rebuilt .they say it needs a new bottom end at £12500. (do you not think I would of tried my local BMW Dealer??)
Why would you criticise me for screwing the **** out of my M5 ? I dont care if you are one of them pussy`s that own a nice car and dont know how to drive it. its nothing to do with me ....Like my car and how I drive it is nothing to do with you.I drive it properly ...Love nothing more than red lining it through every gear and doing big donut smoke outs whenever I can . If thats what broke it then **** it ...It was worth it and when I get it back thats what im gonna do again. When I drive down the road people are glad that at least someone has a nice car and knows how to drive it . Im sure when you toddle past not going over 4ooo rpms they think you dont deserve it.
Stick your critical comments up your critical opinionated *** and go get a life.And when your car breaks down (which it will very soon ) think of me :) x

·
8,376 Posts
To purple8888:

Look, I was respectful to you with my comments (you can re-read my post) and you come back calling me with all kinds of names.

All I was trying to tell you is if you want our members here to help you - you need to post your questions properly.

You obviously dont know me. Check my number of posts and do a search using my handle name.
I am one of the most helpful person on this board, and I joined this board because I wanted to share my knowledge with the members here.

Check out my DIY posts.

Check also my age compared to yours and lets compare experience and knowledge with these fine machine if you want to talk experience, technical knowledge and driving skills.

Gustav is also a good friend of mine (he owns this board.)
I am also good friends with a few moderators here and administrators. We dont tolerate foul language here as you risk getting banned.

I encourage you to learn some manners and watch your language when you communicate with other people.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts