BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, most recently i upgraded my beast with a Eurcharged tune. And i have to say its been amazing driving my beast with it. I got it done when Jeff came down to Toronto to do the group buy tunes. My beast is so much more responsive now and pulls way harder. You could really tell the difference right away. In P400 mode its like P460 which is nice becuase it doesn't feel slugish anymore. But P500s turns into like P530s where you could really feel the real increase in power. I am very happy with it and would recommend members with M5's that are looking for tunes to go with Jeff's Eurocharged tune. It's worth every single penny. Thanks Jeff!

Here's a recent dyno i got done:

Mods:
EuroCharged Tune+RPi Scoops,Block-Off Plates,BMC Filters+Charcoal filter delete+Eisenmann Section 3 Exhuast
Blue= 4th Gearpull
Red= 5th Gear pull

I could only get the HP numbers because the shop did not know how to hook up my beast the read the TQ numbers:dunno:

Before all of these mods except the exhaust i was at 416WHP on the same dyno(dynojet). And now with the tune and rpi goodies im at 451WHP. What would this equal out to crank HP and what do you guys think overall about these numbers?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nice figures. Waiting to get the ok from the new TO location to have my pulley/tune done.
Hopefully I get around the same...all things being equal of course...but I can't see why not, mine's Indy red too! :grinyes:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I am also interested in the tune and have been in touch with EC. I wanted to know if you got a pulley installed? If not, any specific reason?

·
Registered
209 Posts
That seems about right on power. I have the same mods and the Eurocharged Pulley as well and made 470. They say the pulley adds 13, so all in all we are about the same. I love it too. Great job Eurocharged. The customer service really makes a huge difference, and these guys are great.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am also interested in the tune and have been in touch with EC. I wanted to know if you got a pulley installed? If not, any specific reason?
I did get not the pulley from eurocharged because its a different color than stock and i thought it be more visible for the dealer to spot it when in service. That is why im going with the RPi pulley kit which looks very similair as the stock pulley.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seems about right on power. I have the same mods and the Eurocharged Pulley as well and made 470. They say the pulley adds 13, so all in all we are about the same. I love it too. Great job Eurocharged. The customer service really makes a huge difference, and these guys are great.
Wow 470! Im going to get my RPi pulley installed soon so i might be getting similair numbers :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I believe Eurocharged has pulleys in two colors, one stock and one not. Not sure on that though.
I beleive it came out not to long ago. thats why when Last month ago when i spoke to Jeff when he was coming to Toronto he asked me if i wanted him to bring me a pulley but warned me about warrenty issues. Thats why i did not get it. Now i think he has a new one come out.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Good s#it man. I just missed them in Miami...maybe next time. Next exhaust anyhow first.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys, most recently i upgraded my beast with a Eurcharged tune. And i have to say its been amazing driving my beast with it. I got it done when Jeff came down to Toronto to do the group buy tunes. My beast is so much more responsive now and pulls way harder. You could really tell the difference right away. In P400 mode its like P460 which is nice becuase it doesn't feel slugish anymore. But P500s turns into like P530s where you could really feel the real increase in power. I am very happy with it and would recommend members with M5's that are looking for tunes to go with Jeff's Eurocharged tune. It's worth every single penny. Thanks Jeff!

Here's a recent dyno i got done:

Mods:
EuroCharged Tune+RPi Scoops,Block-Off Plates,BMC Filters+Charcoal filter delete+Eisenmann Section 3 Exhuast
Blue= 4th Gearpull
Red= 5th Gear pull

I could only get the HP numbers because the shop did not know how to hook up my beast the read the TQ numbers:dunno:

Before all of these mods except the exhaust i was at 416WHP on the same dyno(dynojet). And now with the tune and rpi goodies im at 451WHP. What would this equal out to crank HP and what do you guys think overall about these numbers?

Thanks
Mike
What are you trapping at with that kind of power to the wheels? Seems like a lot of power gained from just a tune on an NA car.

·
Banned
194 Posts
What are you trapping at with that kind of power to the wheels? Seems like a lot of power gained from just a tune on an NA car.
We all know that stock tunes are conservative. The engine is NA but it's also a V10 :flag:

·
Registered
124 Posts
We all know that stock tunes are conservative. The engine is NA but it's also a V10 :flag:
So you think the engineers at the M-division left that much room on the table? Based off other m cars I've had, power is hard to come by being they were all na.

·
Banned
194 Posts
So you think the engineers at the M-division left that much room on the table? Based off other m cars I've had, power is hard to come by being they were all na.
:grinyes:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
What is price on the tune

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey dannboss, didn't you used to be over on the Cadillac V Forums?! As was I! I'm a new member here and can't PM yet, could you PM me your email, I've got some questions about your car/tune. Thanks!

-Matt

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Treo: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Nice. I have a Eurocharged tune on my dad's S600 and it pulls like crazy!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi guys, new to this forum. Awesome site btw!! Just picked up a white 2007 M5 a couple months ago and I am looking to do some mods. I've seen various ECU upgrades and was wondering how the Eurocharged Tune compares to others on the market...and what can I realistically expect from this type of mod? HP/TQ increase, better throttle response, increased rev limit/speed limit?etc...and what is the cost?? Again, I'm new to this stuff, so I appologize for the newbie Q's.

With other cars I've owned I've generally been skeptical of HP/TQ claims, they usually seem to be inflated...So I thought asking people who have modded their cars would be better than asking the tuner shops.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great question and waiting for an answer myself.

·
Registered
314 Posts
As the OP has said it’s a great tune. I’ve been following the treads for Eurocharged and have yet to hear a negative comment. Some members have posted Dyno results as the OP has.
As for price, I’m not a representative but prices are clearly identified on their website and extremely competitive or dare I say even "cheap"!
In my limited dealings with them to date the level of service is fantastic, another definite plus.
www.eurocharged.com
If you look under the group offerings and sponsor sections, they list any upcoming event and have offered tunes for 400$ which is simply awesome and disappointing at the same time since I've missed them. :crying:
I’ll definitely post my impressions once I have mine done but I would expect the same great results other members have received and commented on, again as has the OP.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts