BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a similar question on the bmwcoding.com

I need to perform a DME adaptation. I have tried with ISTA/D but the option does not exist under service functions, power train. The only options there are for SMG. I have no connection isues. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
From my favorites bank:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It seems you have mixed thoughts about SMG adaptation and DME adaptation.

For SMG it is a calibration procedures. DME adaptation is different, it is values the DME made to overcome related component integrity and service life to reach the optimum operation available. You only can read and delete the DME adaptation after you got used of it to diagnose and after replacing a component.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Platii, I understand your further explination. I am still perplexed with this screen as there should be more options here. I will likely turn to INPA at this point.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Open the SMG control unit tree and look for topics with ABL, there’s one for catch point and one for shift points (off the top of my head). I’ll open my laptop and grab screenshots if it would help...

p.s. (psst psst) you’re this close, want to euro flash and grab launch control by the horns?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I only need to get the DME to talk to the Cas to start the car. The rest is already highly modified and lays 11's with the best of them.

Poking through the SMG are I found nothing to get the DME to reset and talk to the CAS. I've used it to shift the SMG in and out of gear already.

Just want to hear the car start at this point.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey @nvrtoofast just be straight forward on what you want to do.
What you asking for is CAS<-> DME synchronization.
The CAS is the boss on the car, it is the security manger.
From the ECUs' tree access the CAS ECU and you will find the ABL for CAS<->DME synchronization.
Are you running a project?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. Running a project. This came from a swapping in a DME Clone since the last one bit the dust. Finding the CAS<->DME ABL has been killing me

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Also In Troubleshooting tab >"Function Structure" it is under Body from there you have to look for CAS and you will find that ABL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts