BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having some problems with my 2007 m5 I recently bought with it going into limp mode, then throwing the code u1136, then after letting it run for like 5 mins, and restarting the car twice, all lights went away, but on code reader still shows u1136, but no lights on dash. Car drives like a champ when not in limp mode. Always happens when car gets up to operating temperature after a cold start. Can’t seem to find any posts with help for this issue, I’m out of ideas. (Also, I have not yet been able to find a reliable mechanic who knows what he’s doing. If you know any in the Southern California area, please let me know.) thanks a bunch

·
1,826 Posts
If you search for u1136 in the forum you will find a few references to idle or throttle actuators (common wear items). But you need a proper bmw scan tool. U1136 is a generic one.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Been having some problems with my 2007 m5 I recently bought with it going into limp mode, then throwing the code u1136, then after letting it run for like 5 mins, and restarting the car twice, all lights went away, but on code reader still shows u1136, but no lights on dash. Car drives like a champ when not in limp mode. Always happens when car gets up to operating temperature after a cold start. Can’t seem to find any posts with help for this issue, I’m out of ideas. (Also, I have not yet been able to find a reliable mechanic who knows what he’s doing. If you know any in the Southern California area, please let me know.) thanks a bunch
Pm'd you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts