21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wow, boomerang had multiple videos against the m5. I'm impressed either way

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I don't know what this thread is about and I didn't even read the original post, I just read the title. I recently read a thread over in the E39 section where a guy stated that he beat an E60 M5 in his E39 M5. I loved post #2 in that thread.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/285001-played-raced-e60-v10-m5.html

For amplification, I will say that I've beaten Dinan Stroker E60 M5's before and have easily hung with ESS VT2 E60 M5's and I am still running a stock ECU tune. An F10 M5 with a legit ECU tune demolished me, and I'm making about 650hp and 600tq to the crank right now.

"You beat the driver, not the car. Don't kid yourself.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->"
Who's VT2 did you easily hang with?

·
Registered
13,474 Posts
I know Dave did not race against me for sure.

Anyways this was about sound not performance as any car can be modified and then all bets are off.

·
Registered
13,474 Posts
Also Dave after watching your video try and get inline with the car that you are about to race........you were ahead even before the take off.......also try and get a camera inside one of the cars and not a slow *** vehicle who can't keep up as I wanted to see by how much you were ahead.

Man basic 101 when you do freeway races hiha

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Also Dave after watching your video try and get inline with the car that you are about to race........you were ahead even before the take off.......also try and get a camera inside one of the cars and not a slow *** vehicle who can't keep up as I wanted to see by how much you were ahead.
But that video did have nice music; ATB FTW.

So if you find yourself racing an F10 M5 in your E60 M5 modded or not, and you beat it somehow, refer to the statement from the E39 section on the forum from Board Member Diny:

"You beat the driver, not the car. Don't kid yourself.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->"
& if you find yourself racing a Lamborghini Aventador or a 458 Italia in your F10 M5, and you beat it somehow, refer to the statement from the E39 section on the forum from Board Member Diny: "You beat the driver, not the car. Don't kid yourself."

IMO when you beat someone in a street race, at the canyon, or at the track you beat both the driver and the car. You aren't just racing the car or the driver, but racing both. Not to mention drag racing uses the least skill of all the driving disciplines.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
In for vids of the E60 beating a Red Bull RB8. Paul, looks like you're our candidate. ;) I'll drive the RB8...that way we both win: I get to (attempt to) drive the RB8 and you can post the video of me never leaving the line. :grinyes:

·
Registered
13,474 Posts
In for vids of the E60 beating a Red Bull RB8. Paul, looks like you're our candidate. ;) I'll drive the RB8...that way we both win: I get to (attempt to) drive the RB8 and you can post the video of me never leaving the line. :grinyes:
Well you got me there as I don't know my cars will so need to search about this RB8 LOL!! I'll get back to you on my decision HAHA.

Disclaimer: If I lose it's all driver error in an SMG :grinyes:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Alright guys calm down. Peace good brothers. I almost feel like I'm Aladeen over here in this thread. LOL! :hihi: Although no one here can call me a true troll because I have more miles in an E60 M5 than most members, but that's neither here nor there. :blink:

Anyways, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or start an interstellar war, which could last for years and cost thousands of lives. Sometimes I like to defend the F10 M5 because like I've said before things on the F10 side can be boring at times, well at least here on M5Board. I like a little action and I love the passion of the E60 M5 community.

I posted that thread from the E39 section just so that most of you are aware that a similar debate has gone on between the E39 M5 and the E60 M5, and I wanted people here to realize how the E39 guys sound when they make such claims that they can beat an E60 M5. What surprises me most about that thread is that it is recent and not from like 4 years ago.

We're all friends here and you all should know that I'm on your side, but I like to fight the common misperceptions about the F10 M5 from time to time, mostly because it's fun. You all should also know that I love the E60 and I believe in Khyber's Signature that makes a comparison between teh Porsche 911 Turbo and the Porche 911 GT3 with the F10 M5 Turbo and the E60 M5 V10. I have said in my original post a while back here on M5Board that neither generation M5 is better than the other they are just different. You almost can't refute that one is faster than the other though, there's just too much evidence. However, I still plan on getting another E60/E63 M5/M6 when the opportunity arises, because I do miss the V10 all the time, even though the Twin Turbo V8 is fantastic.

I'm going to try and get more videos at this weekends Rally Event in Vegas. There will be over 12 M5's attending and will include an ESS VT2 E60 M5, a Stage 2 E60 M5, and several other E60's and F10's. I will ask if anyone would like to do rolling races, although I know we all have nothing to prove, but I am just curious. Well hopefully I'll come back with some good videos after this weekend, from "Mexico" that is. :hihi:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

·
Registered
13,474 Posts
We just like picking on you as you make it too easy for us ;)

When I have finished modifying my Porsche I will be more than happy to run your F10 too :cheers:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't know what this thread is about and I didn't even read the original post, I just read the title. I recently read a thread over in the E39 section where a guy stated that he beat an E60 M5 in his E39 M5. I loved post #2 in that thread.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/285001-played-raced-e60-v10-m5.html

For amplification, I will say that I've beaten Dinan Stroker E60 M5's before and have easily hung with ESS VT2 E60 M5's and I am still running a stock ECU tune. An F10 M5 with a legit ECU tune demolished me, and I'm making about 650hp and 600tq to the crank right now.

Watch here. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvHHoBrwtoI

Also watch how I destroyed a Lamborghini that was over 1,000lbs lighter than me and this was before I did downpipes! :grinyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnh7tXI6teg

So if you find yourself racing an F10 M5 in your E60 M5 modded or not, and you beat it somehow, refer to the statement from the E39 section on the forum from Board Member Diny:

I want a F10, undecided if ill wait 3+ years to get a F10 M5 ( when price drops to around 50K) or get a F10 550i M package with a Dinan tune which puts it at almost 500HP Now.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yea, I think this is a mixture of, 1. Modded M5 are pretty fast, 2. Heatsoak on the F10, 3. Hot desert day temps

We don't know if the F10 had any passengers and im assuming its stock.
All of those variables would also effect the e60. And weight would effect the e60 even more. I say he has something under the hood that he's not revealing, but looking at his other vids against e60's, says otherwise....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Calling mr Boomerang. His videos are the best thing on E60 side. Every F10 has heat soak now and all you need to beat F10 is bolt on E60 with 3 passengers.

I am saying all this because years ago when i had my E39, E39 guys were grasping for straws for anything to prove E39 was faster even when evidence was clear and suggested otherwise. I remember a guy not able to shift SMG properly losing to a modded E39 and from then on if you could just find someone that could not shift SMG then E39 was faster never mind how absurd it sounded. I believed all that BS too until i owned E60 and there was no question in my mind with E60 driven properly stock, there was no way bolt on whatever E39 was getting ahead. This is why i give more weight to what Dave said.. poor Dave is getting killed here:7:

I think the same is going on here.. you want so much to believe something that you disregard what is obvious. It is E60 utopia and on E39 side is similar.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Calling mr Boomerang. His videos are the best thing on E60 side. Every F10 has heat soak now and all you need to beat F10 is bolt on E60:7: with 3 passengers.

I am saying all this because years ago when i had my E39, E39 guys were grasping for straws for anything to prove E39 was faster even when evidence was clear and suggested otherwise. I remember a guy not able to shift SMG properly losing to a modded E39 and from then on if you could just find someone that could not shift SMG then E39 was faster never mind how absurd it sounded. I believed all that BS too until i owned E60 and there was no question in my mind with E60 driven properly stock, there was no way bolt on whatever E39 was getting ahead. This is why i give more weight to what Dave said.. poor Dave is getting killed here:7:

I think the same is going on here.. you want so much to believe something that you disregard what is obvious. It is E60 utopia and on E39 side is similar.
No not at all. I think every E60 M5 owner knows the F10 is faster without a doubt. Why would BMW make their flagship car slower as it progresses in generation? That would be silly.

But it's very interesting and exciting to see modded E60 M5's hanging and beating F10 M5's, not once, twice but several times from different angles, different runs, during night and daylight. I would understand if it was ONE race as driver error can happen, but several times this has been shown. It's not hard to do a rolling race and floor the car and let the car do the rest. With DCT/SMG/Auto, there is hardly any driver error. Line up, 3 honks and you both go to see the results.

It's just like E39 guys that are modded, hanging with bone stock E60 M5's. There certainly are examples of this happening right? We're not calling them fake. There are some really strong E39 M5's with great mods that hang really well, if not beat stock E60's out there.

And it's true. Heatsoak kills the F10 M5 when it happens. I mean, you lose almost 100HP when heatsoak strikes and it sometimes only takes about 2-3 runs for that to happen. That will CERTAINLY have the E60 M5 walking away from the F10 M5. Also, E60 M5's with full RPi bolt ons are quite fast. You can't deny that. From certain speeds, it pulls like a freight train and doesn't stop. I think we all know that (both E60 and F10 owners). We also know how much quicker the F10 M5 is.

There are several videos showing stock for stock, the F10 pulls away from the E60 around 7 car lengths to 140mph. A good gap between the two. But there are also several examples of Bolt-On Tuned E60 M5's vs Stock E60 M5's that pull away around the same 7-8 car lengths by 140mph. So who knows. A mixture of everything can definitely result in what Mr Boomerang has shown the world in several of his runs and videos.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.