BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Have you guys seen this video?

BMW M5 E60 (Mr boomerang) VS M5 F10 pp-performance FROM 40 KM-E60 WIN - YouTube

Is Mr Boomerang on this forum? Looks like his RPi E60 M5 WITHOUT a Tune beat the F10 M5 PP twice? And his other videos show him beating quite a lot of other fast cars.

If you're on this forum, can you tell us exactly what you have done on your car? From the info, it looks like the mods are:

RPI GT Exhaust System
RPI St Pully Kit
RPI Block off plates
RPI Scoops
BMC Filter
RPi SV1 Oil Cooler

If that is true, that is quite impressive.

Or maybe the F10 M5 PP is having similar symptoms of Power loss like some F10 M5's have reported. Sort of like what's going on with this one:

Evolve BMW F10 M5 dyno testing stock car for consistency - YouTube

Forced induction can be quite inconsistent and problematic sometimes. Especially after a few runs. BTW, the V10 sounds mean.

Dark videos at night. There are videos are there is reality. I am assuming of course the drivers in other cars are competent drivers and starting race in optimal gear and speed.

Take a look at what i think the result should be with competent drivers of heavy modded e60 (no SC) and f10 stock daytime where you can actually see the 2 cars race. Keep in mind your temps shot up through the roof in E60 after several runs (my car did) and you lose some hp with very hot car so no car is safe from heat problem after back to back to back runs. FI cars perhaps affected little more because of design but a E60 without SC will not touch a properly driven F10 (stock)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Stock F10 M5's are 120mph trap cars, they aren't the fastest things in the world in stock form. A modded E60 M5 should be able to hang or even beat a stock F10. Esp in hot conditions and back to back runs. But stock for stock the F10 in good conditions will walk a e60 no problem, as ive seen this first hand.

Ive done first hand IAT testing for ETS and there intercooler on my 335i, and turbo motors in hot weather on back to back hard runs in general, there is a huge difference once IAT rise, and boost starts to get cut.
Also this is shown by Evolve recent testing of the F10 M5 on multiple back to back duno runs losing 50WHP.
I know this for sure, catch a F10 M5 on a 100 degree day, on back to back runs, and that thing is gonna be a slug!

You are acting like E60 is not affected by the same 100 degree day. In very hot temps, E60 pulls timing too and you can tell you are losing HP. In my car after back to back highway pulls, the temp needle used to shoot right up to the sky and no doubt there is power loss. FI is more affected by heat but NA cars are affected too by heat maybe not to same degree.

Nice to be in echo chamber where everyone seems to think the result of racing simple bolt on E60 vs F10 will yield the same result as video by OP. Never mind the video is against even faster F10 PP (575hp). I posted the 2nd video to show what will most likely happen in real world because videos like the first one makes everyone happy but not what will most likely happen. Barring unknown conditions like incompetent driver and engine related issues i have no doubt the 2nd video under normal condition is indicative of actual result.

I love E60 M5 too but it's been around since 2005 and there are much faster cars now. F10 is also not the fastest car out there and it needs all that tq/hp to get going because it weighs so much but it is laughable when you hear excuses for e60 like bolt on is not "true 550hp" in 2nd video and E60 is faster after 150mph.
The better sounding car is not in dispute though since modded E60 with aftermarket pipes sounds just incredible high rpms :blink:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Calling mr Boomerang. His videos are the best thing on E60 side. Every F10 has heat soak now and all you need to beat F10 is bolt on E60 with 3 passengers.

I am saying all this because years ago when i had my E39, E39 guys were grasping for straws for anything to prove E39 was faster even when evidence was clear and suggested otherwise. I remember a guy not able to shift SMG properly losing to a modded E39 and from then on if you could just find someone that could not shift SMG then E39 was faster never mind how absurd it sounded. I believed all that BS too until i owned E60 and there was no question in my mind with E60 driven properly stock, there was no way bolt on whatever E39 was getting ahead. This is why i give more weight to what Dave said.. poor Dave is getting killed here:7:

I think the same is going on here.. you want so much to believe something that you disregard what is obvious. It is E60 utopia and on E39 side is similar.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
No not at all. I think every E60 M5 owner knows the F10 is faster without a doubt. Why would BMW make their flagship car slower as it progresses in generation? That would be silly.

But it's very interesting and exciting to see modded E60 M5's hanging and beating F10 M5's, not once, twice but several times from different angles, different runs, during night and daylight. I would understand if it was ONE race as driver error can happen, but several times this has been shown. It's not hard to do a rolling race and floor the car and let the car do the rest. With DCT/SMG/Auto, there is hardly any driver error. Line up, 3 honks and you both go to see the results.

It's just like E39 guys that are modded, hanging with bone stock E60 M5's. There certainly are examples of this happening right? We're not calling them fake. There are some really strong E39 M5's with great mods that hang really well, if not beat stock E60's out there.

And it's true. Heatsoak kills the F10 M5 when it happens. I mean, you lose almost 100HP when heatsoak strikes and it sometimes only takes about 2-3 runs for that to happen. That will CERTAINLY have the E60 M5 walking away from the F10 M5. Also, E60 M5's with full RPi bolt ons are quite fast. You can't deny that. From certain speeds, it pulls like a freight train and doesn't stop. I think we all know that (both E60 and F10 owners). We also know how much quicker the F10 M5 is.

There are several videos showing stock for stock, the F10 pulls away from the E60 around 7 car lengths to 140mph. A good gap between the two. But there are also several examples of Bolt-On Tuned E60 M5's vs Stock E60 M5's that pull away around the same 7-8 car lengths by 140mph. So who knows. A mixture of everything can definitely result in what Mr Boomerang has shown the world in several of his runs and videos.

Oh man.. you are letting your passion for E60 get in the way of objectivity. You really think a bolt on E60 is equal to F10 stock equal condition and F10 driven properly? IF you think that way then you are thinking the same way E39 guys think that somehow with heatsoak you have a chance or SMG in case of E39. Yes you can screw up SMG if you go manual shifts and you are an idiot. I am trying to be objective and on E60 side:7:.. please disregard everything i said. bolt on E60 will walk away from F10:blink:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That's me getting burned and do remember I had 120lbs cam girl and f10 didn't :)..... maybe the car started in the wrong gear....here I am hanging with an f10 - come to find it was starting in the wrong gear....f10 is a beastly beast!! btw this race was repeatable many times...if you catch an f10 in the wrong gear you may pull :)
Thanks for the video. I like your honesty and at least you are a realist. 120lbs girl should not matter much because F10 weighs closer to 4500lbs with average driver and the weight is what is killing that car but make not mistake, it is still faster than E60. Any car can pass if they are in the wrong gear and that is why i qualified that all things being equal, a bolt on is not enough and bolt on is not NOS:7:.. I don't know what Boomerang has in his car but the bus length he put on F10 does not indicate a bolt on race after race unless Boomerang is racing incompetent F10 drivers that are always in wrong gear. Like Dave said, you can beat the driver but not necessarily the car.

I posted your video to show what typically should happen with equal condition but got ton of push back about bolt on E60 doing 122+, F10 heat soak, yada yada.. 120mph traps for stock F10 will get better and it is just fact that with better preparation and as more members run their cars dedicated for 1/4, the car will trap higher. I think optimal traps with just exhaust and no tune can get to 124mph on a car setup for 1/4 run and with tune and downpipes on F10 should be even higher :blink: I love E60 and in it's time it was a monster and still is but there are faster cars now F10 being one of them. Just bolt-on will not cut it for E60 and you need SC or NOS if you want serious power to play with the big boys now.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Bolt on E60's will indeed run with a stock F10, end of story! There are tons and tons of videos and numbers out there to prove it.

A guys former M5 E60 that wasn´t fully modded did a 100-250 km/h run in 16.4 seconds, compared to a MTM 730 hp RS6 V10 that did the same sprint in 16.23 sec. Now I can´t seem to find exact numbers for the F10 but watching tacho videos in the F10 seems that its about the same, not one single bit faster.

I don´t need to hear or see that this was me comparing a tuned E60 vs a stock F10, because it´s only my respond to what you claimed, and that is not true.

Bolt-on E60 is faster or = to stock F10. That settles it :3: Lets move on.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It's not over until I get a kill under my belt ;)
np. post video of your kill and you putting bus length on stock f10 with your bolt-on e60:blink:

The word Evosport makes me cringe every time I hear it lol. They owe a lot of people money.
Evosport used to be reputable company. I had Evosport exhaust before i switched to E-race and Evosport exhaust was not that bad.. that was probably before they started to take money from customers and not deliver product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.