BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E60 M5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

First time posting here, but definitely not my first time reading this forum. Quick question: is there an ABS/DSC Relay in our E60 M5's (2006, RHD). I don't see it in ISTA, and I don't see it on most wiring diagrams, but a few websites like this have it listed for the M5:

fcp euro: search for 61368366646

Also, I'm not getting the dreaded trifecta of ABS lights. I'm only getting 5DF4 (voltage below 9V) and 5E19 (CAN DME/DDE) and it's intermittent. Any thoughts on what might be going wrong aside from a mythical relay? Does anybody know exactly what the rebuild services do for the module?

-Giganybble

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't know if the cars have it, but you can search that part number on realoem.com. It shows the applications for that part. I went through the process for you, and the results are here: RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

It looks like that relay is only used for some hydraulic system pump. It says smg, but I don't think that label is correct. It uses SMG on the other E60 models that don't have the SMG.

·
Registered
E60 M5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Ltanderso, that's a really great find! Thank you, and thanks for the insight into the other models. I suppose I should pull that relay and see if power to the DSC module gets cut.

I guess I can start pulling relays and see when the voltage cuts out. Aside from the trunk and glove compartment fuse boxes, does anybody know where I can find relays?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Does anybody know exactly what the rebuild services do for the module?
The Continental/ATE ABS/DSC units are used on many BMWs and other german cars. The electric motor is prone to having some failures, which cause the 5DF0 fault code. Basically the electric motor is not working so the pump can't run, which then results in not having ABS or DSC, so you get the trifecta warning. They fix the motor, if that is indeed the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts