BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on YouTube and searching here for an example and feedback on how the launch control is but can't find anything. Does anyone with MT have it and if so, what are your thoughts and was it worth the money?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
There is no launch control on the 6MT cars. Gotta kick it old school and do it yourself lol.

There is some tuners that offer a "launch control" feature for the manual cars but they simply lower the rev limiter when stationary and you dump the clutch thats all it is. More popular on the E9X M3 platforms.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no launch control on the 6MT cars. Gotta kick it old school and do it yourself lol.

There is some tuners that offer a "launch control" feature for the manual cars but they simply lower the rev limiter when stationary and you dump the clutch thats all it is. More popular on the E9X M3 platforms.
Great to know, thanks! I was curious because a tuner had it as an offering and a friend of mine did it on his M3 and loves it. I have no problems doing it myself :) was really just looking to see if anyone had done it and what the opinions were.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,394 Posts
DSC OFF and Euro MDM is well worth it -- and a short shifter.

Launch control on our 6MTs...you have to adjust the Nut behind the wheel.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
I heard some of those nuts also have a screw loose :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have been on YouTube and searching here for an example and feedback on how the launch control is but can't find anything. Does anyone with MT have it and if so, what are your thoughts and was it worth the money?

Thanks!
i dont understand this launch control last i checked you have 3 peddles .

But never the less to properly launch the 6mt rev it to 4.5k rpm and drop the clutch half way and follow up with proper clutch release/ rev up

and for the love of god have dsc either off ( hold mdm down) or be in mdm mode.

if you redline the car and launch it the clutch automatically stops half way so you dont blow it up and the car revs down to under 4k untill you can behave this is a safety feature which can be turned off through ISTA but i do not recommend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts