BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I recently put myself on the waiting list for the E60 M5... I just sold my E39 M5... I have been getting different inputs on when the E60 was being released to Canada and the US. One person told me that the launch date will be the same for both Canada and the US, and that it would be max late June 05. Another person from BMW told me that the first M5's will only arrive in Canada (and the US) in September 05..so basically im confused... ??????
DOES ANYONE KNOW TRULY WHEN WE, IN CANADA AND THE US, WILL WE BE GETTING THE M5??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
there's no any official date for the launch.

however, late Sept, early Oct. is where you are looking at. and even then the availability is depending on the size of the dealers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
Got a call this evening from my dealer, my car will show up in September (so they said), nothing before that.

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
BlackBM said:
Hey guys.
I recently put myself on the waiting list for the E60 M5... I just sold my E39 M5... I have been getting different inputs on when the E60 was being released to Canada and the US. One person told me that the launch date will be the same for both Canada and the US, and that it would be max late June 05. Another person from BMW told me that the first M5's will only arrive in Canada (and the US) in September 05..so basically im confused... ??????
DOES ANYONE KNOW TRULY WHEN WE, IN CANADA AND THE US, WILL WE BE GETTING THE M5??
I keep asking when we'll have ordering information and when we can expect our first units. I'm told sometime in the summer and late September or early October for delivery. No word yet on allocation numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
My dealer told me today, their first car is expected late September or early October but there are no ordering details yet. It's mine if I want it but with the new tranny discussions I might just wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
BlackBM said:
Hey guys.
I recently put myself on the waiting list for the E60 M5...
let's put it this way - it will be awhile before you get yours.
next time put a "?" in the title so others don't jump into the thread hoping to find a date.
welcome btw!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terk said:
My dealer told me today, their first car is expected late September or early October but there are no ordering details yet. It's mine if I want it but with the new tranny discussions I might just wait.
I asked my dealer if there will be a manual tranny for the E60, and he said NO... and to my knowledge the only source that i have seen on this website that hints to it is an old quote on bmwusa.com 's website (possibly a mistake on there part for misleading info) that was TAKEN OFF for some reason.. Also why would they bring manual trannys ONLY to the US.. im sure many in EUROPE will want it too if it was to be true...Dont get me wrong, id love to grab a manual E60, but Im not confident it will happen..I feel its more of a rumor, unless im completly wrong and just havent seen the confirmed word from BMW that the US will be getting manual trannys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
BlackBM said:
I asked my dealer if there will be a manual tranny for the E60, and he said NO... and to my knowledge the only source that i have seen on this website that hints to it is an old quote on bmwusa.com 's website (possibly a mistake on there part for misleading info) that was TAKEN OFF for some reason.. Also why would they bring manual trannys ONLY to the US.. im sure many in EUROPE will want it too if it was to be true...Dont get me wrong, id love to grab a manual E60, but Im not confident it will happen..I feel its more of a rumor, unless im completly wrong and just havent seen the confirmed word from BMW that the US will be getting manual trannys.
the confirm words from BMW is in another thread. it should be several threads below this. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Direct from BMW USA:

"The exact date the new BMW M5 will be at BMW Centers in North America cannot be confirmed at the present time. However, it can be assumed that the new M5 will be available in late 2005."

No surprises here...The waiting is unbearable... :sad3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Drezahl said:
Direct from BMW USA:

"The exact date the new BMW M5 will be at BMW Centers in North America cannot be confirmed at the present time. However, it can be assumed that the new M5 will be available in late 2005."

No surprises here...The waiting is unbearable... :sad3:
Hey guys,

I've been speaking with multiple dealers here in the US over the last few days and got some interesting info. Firstly, they all seem to agree that the "June/July" timeframe will be the start of the ordering process and around that time the LISTS will be dusted off and calls will be made for orders (not deliveries, orders). Two different dealerships said that this timeframe would be consistent with an October availablilty in the US.

And perhaps more interestingly one of the dealers I spoke to, a particularly large one in the LA area said with a I'm-hinting-at-something-without-saying-it kind of tone, "The first delivery of cars will have the SMGs". I said, "will the following deliveries have manuals?" He repilied only with, "The first delivery of cars will have the SMGs". Was he implying that later cars will get a manual? Perhaps. I will say this though I get the feeling that BMW is playing this close to their chest - even with their higest volume dealers.

On a side note - one dealer (granted one who would like to sell me a car) had a salesman with 22 years of experience (read as maybe a little jaded) come back from Germany to drive it, tell tales of the M5 with as he put it "glowing ears". He said the dude's EARS turned red just talking about it.

Celsius (new to the board) :typing:

'64 Chevelle Malibu SS Conertible
'32 Ford Highboy Roadster (orig.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,679 Posts
celsius said:
And perhaps more interestingly one of the dealers I spoke to, a particularly large one in the LA area said with a I'm-hinting-at-something-without-saying-it kind of tone, "The first delivery of cars will have the SMGs". I said, "will the following deliveries have manuals?" He repilied only with, "The first delivery of cars will have the SMGs". Was he implying that later cars will get a manual? Perhaps.
Welcome aboard, Celsius!

Nice stable you have there. Thanks for sharing your dealer dialogue that corresponds to the cryptic info seeping out of Woodlake Hills, NJ!

As one who holds a #1 spot at MSRP from my dealer, I'd gladly give up my place in line until the true manual arrives! I really hope this one comes to fruition.

And oh, BTW, before someone flames me: I know that SMG-III can shift better than me. I just don't want it to.

-Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
Teutonaddict said:
As one who holds a #1 spot at MSRP from my dealer, I'd gladly give up my place in line until the true manual arrives! I really hope this one comes to fruition.

And oh, BTW, before someone flames me: I know that SMG-III can shift better than me. I just don't want it to.

-Dave
Its funny, I just finished sending an email to my sales rep stating pretty much the exact same thing.

And no flames from me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
vndkshn said:
Its funny, I just finished sending an email to my sales rep stating pretty much the exact same thing.

And no flames from me!
Make that 3. At least there are 3 of us willing to admit that we want true manual..... SMG just don't cut it.....:wroom:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
celsius said:
Hey guys,

I've been speaking with multiple dealers here in the US over the last few days and got some interesting info. Firstly, they all seem to agree that the "June/July" timeframe will be the start of the ordering process and around that time the LISTS will be dusted off and calls will be made for orders (not deliveries, orders). Two different dealerships said that this timeframe would be consistent with an October availablilty in the US.

And perhaps more interestingly one of the dealers I spoke to, a particularly large one in the LA area said with a I'm-hinting-at-something-without-saying-it kind of tone, "The first delivery of cars will have the SMGs". I said, "will the following deliveries have manuals?" He repilied only with, "The first delivery of cars will have the SMGs". Was he implying that later cars will get a manual? Perhaps. I will say this though I get the feeling that BMW is playing this close to their chest - even with their higest volume dealers.

On a side note - one dealer (granted one who would like to sell me a car) had a salesman with 22 years of experience (read as maybe a little jaded) come back from Germany to drive it, tell tales of the M5 with as he put it "glowing ears". He said the dude's EARS turned red just talking about it.

Celsius (new to the board) :typing:

'64 Chevelle Malibu SS Conertible
'32 Ford Highboy Roadster (orig.)
Honestly, dont u think that out of the thousands of dealerships and dealers ONE would atleast break and say that the M5 will come in stick.. come on.. they dont know themselves!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AND ANOTHER THING, WHY IS THE REAR VIEW MIRROR SO PLAIN AND SQUARE?? THE E39 WAS OVAL JUST LIKE THE SIDE MIRRORS! I assume that will come in the next couple years??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
BlackBM said:
AND ANOTHER THING, WHY IS THE REAR VIEW MIRROR SO PLAIN AND SQUARE?? THE E39 WAS OVAL JUST LIKE THE SIDE MIRRORS! I assume that will come in the next couple years??
i highly doubt it, many M3 don't have oval mirrors anymore. namely the M3s with BMW Assist option.

i've never been a big fan of oval mirrors anyway. i'd prefer retangular mirror for larger viewing area any day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
tifosi said:
i highly doubt it, many M3 don't have oval mirrors anymore. namely the M3s with BMW Assist option.

i've never been a big fan of oval mirrors anyway. i'd prefer retangular mirror for larger viewing area any day.
I thought it was a nice touch for the M series... U may have been able to see a little less, but it was so minimal (to me).. i liked the fact that it was so distinct.. but hey, to each his own
:) .. and why would the assist option make a difference in the mirror type??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
Not only is the viewable area better, but the standard shape mirror fits with the lines/style of the interior/exterior anyway.

The oval mirror is the least that I notice in the E39..... As far as I am concerned, BFD is they don't put one in the E60.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
BlackBM said:
Honestly, dont u think that out of the thousands of dealerships and dealers ONE would atleast break and say that the M5 will come in stick.. come on.. they dont know themselves!
Yes indeed most of them are shockingly clueless. Although I will say this, having built a global sales organization (granted for entertaimnet and not cars!) you would be surprised how members of key sales channels gain access to info that is generally restricted. Again I don't _know_ for sure, but the dealership in question is one of the largest west of the Mississippi and sells, in a year, more cas than some developed nations. :hihi:

I'm NOT saying that the M5 is coming with a maunal. I am saying however that the quality of information you can get out there varries by dealership and that mega-dealers are more likely to be wined and dined by HQ, and are thus often exposed to "chit-chat" that the average sales guy never hears.

All of this aside, I am also saying this - my money says that a manual will be available for the M5 in the 2007-8 timeframe. :M5thumbs:

NostraCelsius
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
celsius said:
Yes indeed most of them are shockingly clueless. Although I will say this, having built a global sales organization (granted for entertaimnet and not cars!) you would be surprised how members of key sales channels gain access to info that is generally restricted. Again I don't _know_ for sure, but the dealership in question is one of the largest west of the Mississippi and sells, in a year, more cas than some developed nations. :hihi:

I'm NOT saying that the M5 is coming with a maunal. I am saying however that the quality of information you can get out there varries by dealership and that mega-dealers are more likely to be wined and dined by HQ, and are thus often exposed to "chit-chat" that the average sales guy never hears.

All of this aside, I am also saying this - my money says that a manual will be available for the M5 in the 2007-8 timeframe. :M5thumbs:

NostraCelsius
From one sales guy to another, well said Celsius and very true... In this case "money talks and BullS&*# walks". Large dealers are more plugged in and their top sales people are more in the know.:1:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top