BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2005 525i tonight.. Its wonderfull. Id like to know how to get my T-mobile V600 to work though. The build date on my car is 9/04 and my phone has bluetooth. I go to communications on Idrive and it says enable phone. I set my phone to find bluetooth but nothing happans when am I doing wrong. ?

I did a search for bluetooth thread and I read thru them but didnt really understand what I should do to get it working. I looked through the user manual for the communications part of the Idrive but no real info was there.

Can anyone help me out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
There should be a book in the servicing and hand book folder just for the phone. This will give you the instructions and code required to connect the phone?

You can't use the hands free without the code so make sure you have the book.

Hope this helps
Sacha...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an owners manual, road atlas, accident assitance guide, safty tips guide, join the ultimate club brocure, caring for your vehicale, bmw interactive drivers reference guide cd/dvd, service and warranty information and drivers reference brouchure/guide.

Any idea on which one its in. ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ferrarislave said:
I have an owners manual, road atlas, accident assitance guide, safty tips guide, join the ultimate club brocure, caring for your vehicale, bmw interactive drivers reference guide cd/dvd, service and warranty information and drivers reference brouchure/guide.

Any idea on which one its in. ?
seems they forgot to include the (small) phone booklet!

set key to position 0, put it in position 2, push BT handsfree button (see middle console) 5-10s, until you hear the bleep, then do a search on the mobile, it will find the BMW, pair it, enter the BT code that came with the BMW (it's not 0000 but a number printed on a seperate plastic A5 sheet) and then the system will say "pairing succeeded". Then put key to position 0 again.

Now it should work... well, depends a lot on the phone really, some do not work at all, some others don't transfer SMS and/or phonebook, and some work flawlessly (the cheaper BT equipped phones)
:byee55amg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ferrarislave said:
My phone is listed.. Where can I find the pass key.
comes with your car! If not the dealer needs to phone BMW to find out where your code went.

But make sure you haven't overlooked it, it's just a small doc, mine was given seperately from the rest of the docs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see, Im going back for an oil change. I didnt see anything inside of the owners manual. I will look in the finance documents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts