BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gustav

Got the DVD in the mail the other day from your M5 test day. It looks like the E55 wagon held its own. Yes? No? Maybe?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Im glad you received it and I am sorry for the delay. There was never a single race the E55 Wagon won, if he got ther jump the M5 always reeled it in at over 200 km/h. Thatt was never a problem.

What did you think about the 911 Turbo race? :flag: That had the optiobal 450 HP "X50" package along with tuning from Techart to over 500 HP.

stominovich said:
Gustav

Got the DVD in the mail the other day from your M5 test day. It looks like the E55 wagon held its own. Yes? No? Maybe?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to watch it again. It did not work on my DVD player - but did work on the computer.

I just bought an E55 wagon "for my wife". It will be here in December. A very impressive car - and with a 3rd row it fits our needs.

I think I am waiting for the 6 speed on M5.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
A 6 speed there would maybe ab a risk of loosing since the 7 speed is a good advantage in higher speeds. Or if geared identical advantage i nvery high speeds :)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Gustav said:
A 6 speed there would maybe ab a risk of loosing since the 7 speed is a good advantage in higher speeds. Or if geared identical advantage i nvery high speeds :)
The current issue of Car & Driver raves about the E55 Wagon, saying it is distinctly faster than the saloon largely due to better weight distribution and a heavier rear (which provdes better traction off the line). While the sedan has 47% weight in the rear, the wagon has 51% of its weight in the rear. Even with the added 250 lbs. of extra weight, the wagon bettered the saloon in 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

E55 Sedan E55 Wagon
0-60 4.3 4.1
1/4 mile 12.7 113mph 12.5 116mph
0-150 24.5 24

1 - 6 of 6 Posts