1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what to choose !!!
?????? ?????? ??????

Please help me....!!!

I ordered m5, it costs 119.000EUR.....but recently I found the e55 for 70.000EUR (Its 2003 and has 40.000)
WHat do you think ????

What is the time 0-200 for both this cars ?
And whats about the suspension of e55 ?

Sorry for my english

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Totally different cars. The Mercedes is great for long distance cruising on highways but the M5 is a much better car for "real" driving.

Have you considered the Audi RS6?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Vicktor-M3 said:
Does m5 seriosly faster then e55 ?

Or ou can only feel it after 200 km.h ?
its faster at around after 140 km.h i belive but! If you wont track the car and you buy it just for everyday and then to speed on autobahn or dragstrip, there's alot of tuners who will make your E55 very fast for approximetly 5.000 US you can get kleeman Stage 2 and have 580 hp and thats way faster then M5.

I say go for cheaper car and tune it! And you stil will have change for other stuff!!

VIktor beri E55, posmotri kleemann stage 2 i tebe vse budet yasno! Porvesh m5 kak stayachuyu!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
test said:
its faster at around after 140 km.h i belive but! If you wont track the car and you buy it just for everyday and then to speed on autobahn or dragstrip, there's alot of tuners who will make your E55 very fast for approximetly 5.000 US you can get kleeman Stage 2 and have 580 hp and thats way faster then M5.

I say go for cheaper car and tune it! And you stil will have change for other stuff!!

VIktor beri E55, posmotri kleemann stage 2 i tebe vse budet yasno! Porvesh m5 kak stayachuyu!!!
Well the last sentence was not very nice from you about M5 but any way. For know we compare two standart cars M5 vs E55 and from all report M5 is quite faster till 0-200.
And in half a year I suppose all seriuos tunning companies will offer quite substancial gain in bhp for M5 and then we will say "abasriotsa etot E55 rvat M5" :1: :1: :1:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Vicktor-M3 said:
I don't know what to choose !!!
?????? ?????? ??????

Please help me....!!!

I ordered m5, it costs 119.000EUR.....but recently I found the e55 for 70.000EUR (Its 2003 and has 40.000)
WHat do you think ????

What is the time 0-200 for both this cars ?
And whats about the suspension of e55 ?

Sorry for my english
Viktor get M5 if you have young heart and style :haha2: . And get E55 when you'll be 60 years old for comfortable ride :hihi:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anglas said:
Well the last sentence was not very nice from you about M5 but any way. For know we compare two standart cars M5 vs E55 and from all report M5 is quite faster till 0-200.
And in half a year I suppose all seriuos tunning companies will offer quite substancial gain in bhp for M5 and then we will say "abasriotsa etot E55 rvat M5" :1: :1: :1:
Well it's much easier to mod E55 then m5 isnt it? Plus once again would you really wanna play with that high rev expensive engine? I wouldnt. Lets wait and see.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Victor, what are u going to do with ur car?

If u want just a sheer acceleration feeling and a comfortable, relaxed cruiser, go with e55 and mod it.
If you want more driving fun, then M5 will be a better choice.

M5 is more accomlished car in all respects. But its 50k more expensive then e55 u are offered.
So, if u want 0-200 times, id say again, go with modded e55. Will be less troublesome and cheaper choice.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Anglas said:
Anglas, what are you talking about?
1. M5 will never have tuning potential of e55.
2. In this case we are talking about 70k e55 + 10k mods, versus stock 120k M5. Thats 40k difference already.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Look, the point is I could mod my company car (a standard mistubishi sedan) to be faster than the M5 with $40,000 or $50,000. Brand new I could buy the M5 for $235,000, brand new I could buy a mitsu sedan for $40,000 and + $50,000 =$90,000 for a modded, faster car.

But that's not exactly the point here. If you want to spend a heap of money on modding your car, great, but for me, the M5 doesn't need to be modded. It just is. And that's why I pay for the M5 and not for a Mitsubishi sedan and mod the crapola out of it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Zenith said:
Look, the point is I could mod my company car (a standard mistubishi sedan) to be faster than the M5 with $40,000 or $50,000. Brand new I could buy the M5 for $235,000, brand new I could buy a mitsu sedan for $40,000 and + $50,000 =$90,000 for a modded, faster car.

But that's not exactly the point here. If you want to spend a heap of money on modding your car, great, but for me, the M5 doesn't need to be modded. It just is. And that's why I pay for the M5 and not for a Mitsubishi sedan and mod the crapola out of it.
I agree but then imagine you have an expensive car which can be safely moded for more Hp and which is not very expensive to do, tell me you woudnt do it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
test said:
I agree but then imagine you have an expensive car which can be safely moded for more Hp and which is not very expensive to do, tell me you woudnt do it. :rolleyes:
Try look at it this way. Imagine how much you have to spend to mod the current E55 to outrun the new M5 (or even the E39) in curves. M is not JUST about straight line speed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you want a dragracer buy one, not an E55. If you want the best sport saloon on earth buy the M5. If you want a fast comfortable cruiser, buy the the E55 or even better an S65.

Maybe it's because I'm not American, but I fail to see the appeal in dragging a car with a slushbox. Little left foot braking, modulate the gas and then just stand on it. Wow. Fun. If I wanted to take my car to the strip, I'd go in something that a) isn't my daily driver and b) has a manual gearbox. But that's just me. :noSMG:

PS
Last night I went out with my soon-to-be GF (I hope). She has already been in all the cars and really doesn't mind which one I use. Hell, we've even been out in the little Ford Bantam 1/2 ton pickup. Back to my point - I was in the mood for the fairly long drive that lay ahead of us. I went to the cupboard to get the car key. When I got to the garage, I was standing with the 120d's keys in my hands. You know why? It was the only one with a manual gearbox. Without thinking I had chosen the much cheaper and much slower car, because it is honestly more fun to drive than the other two. Makes you think eh? :byee55amg

·
Registered
113 Posts
BMWforever said:
Try look at it this way. Imagine how much you have to spend to mod the current E55 to outrun the new M5 (or even the E39) in curves. M is not JUST about straight line speed.
How much?

from 2500-7000 maximum thats up to you, kleemann stage 2 with 580 hp costs around 5000 USD. thats not that much! and then you lower your car thats cheap, and its a very nice animal car, that can beat most of the cars and when its lowered it handels beautifully.... Im not saying m5 is bad, Im just saying that if i would buy M5 I'd mod it but not the engine.... I luv FI thats it! I had my E55 for 7 month, but with the baby coming we decided to trade it in for new ML and for me, I'd get some real sport car :) Porsche or some other car.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
test said:
and then you lower your car thats cheap, and its a very nice animal car, that can beat most of the cars and when its lowered it handels beautifully....
And then when you drive over a bump, your front spoiler will jump off... :blabla:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Val said:
Anglas, what are you talking about?
1. M5 will never have tuning potential of e55.
2. In this case we are talking about 70k e55 + 10k mods, versus stock 120k M5. Thats 40k difference already.

Well I’m not saying it will have same potential and once again we compare standard E55 vs. M5 and besides different driving style M5 is better in most things and in acceleration up to 200 as well. As far as I see from all reports I have not driven myself yet.

On the other hand I would strongly disagree about M5 potential. What about supercharged E39 M5 with 600+ bhp. What is the matter with that? Look at www.g-power.de and in fact I see E55 klemmann being equal or even loosing by a margin. I agree on one thing though - it will cost a hell of a lot comparing to E55 tuning.

Am I not right?

·
Registered
42 Posts
test said:
How much?

from 2500-7000 maximum thats up to you, kleemann stage 2 with 580 hp costs around 5000 USD. thats not that much! and then you lower your car thats cheap, and its a very nice animal car, that can beat most of the cars and when its lowered it handels beautifully.... Im not saying m5 is bad, Im just saying that if i would buy M5 I'd mod it but not the engine.... I luv FI thats it! I had my E55 for 7 month, but with the baby coming we decided to trade it in for new ML and for me, I'd get some real sport car :) Porsche or some other car.
How much you need to spend to upgrade the E55 chassis? Steering rack? The entire transmission? Suspensions?

Better handling isn't as simple as cutting off springs.

·
Registered
623 Posts
test said:
Well it's much easier to mod E55 then m5 isnt it? Plus once again would you really wanna play with that high rev expensive engine? I wouldnt. Lets wait and see.
I have to agree on both your points :haha: . Yes it’s easier to mod E55 second much cheaper and personally me wouldn’t play with that engine V10 right know too risky.

But my point is none of us know what extra potential that V10 new engine has. Do we? So as you say lets wait and see what we can get out of this new beast reliably in the near future mmmmmm

·
Registered
445 Posts
if i recall correctly there were rumours that BMW were experimenting with FI in the V10 :confused2

1 - 20 of 25 Posts