·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
What an awesome car! I'm totally a sucker for an undersized car with an oversized engine. What a beautiful setup. I was just reading about those Hartge H50's today (E46/S62 Combo)

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Didn't they try to sell this last year? (not 100%) but i've seen one for sale sometime ago...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
How come there is so much space in the engine bay, looks like you could get a V10 in there

·
Banned
700 Posts
Now that's a BEAUTY!!:eek:oohhh:

Lovely!!! I'd love to see if the new V8 M3 moded could daly with that BEAST if modded!:biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
holy crap!!!:eek:

:applause::M5thumbs:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm in love. That is such a good looking car. I love the aggressive look you get from the flared out fenders.
Where can I learn more about this car. Specs etc...??

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
WOW! :eek: Well done!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm in love. That is such a good looking car. I love the aggressive look you get from the flared out fenders.
Where can I learn more about this car. Specs etc...??
I don't have any other info about this car.
It's an E46 (maybe an M3) with a wide body BMW GTR kit (I think they got it from Eisenhaus), racing suspension, racing wheels and rims and ... that's it ... and the M5 E39 Engine (most important) :)

Here is the link to that GTR Body Kit http://www.eisenhaus.com/ec3.php

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If only this was the conversion done a street car (just like Hartge H50 M3) that would be even cooler :)

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Very nice! Any idea what series/class it's supposed to compete in?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm ... the M5 engine on this E46 doesn't have those stock oil separators and on the intake plenum I can see a sensor on the left side ... it's strange ... maybe it's a supercharger or turbo S62 .
It doesn't have also an A/C setup ... and I'm thinking if you remove the A/C Kompressor from the engine ... it's an ideal place to put a hidden supercharger on it ...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Nice. I like that all black intake tubing w/ blue silicone connectors. I'm surprised the $$Dinan$$ die-hards aren't putting in their .02 about that metal tubing for the intake - tongue in cheek ;) I wonder what it took to get the engine itself running (removed/relocated MAF's, stock/aftermarket DME or piggyback), and the signals to the racing (can't remember the namebrand) guage package, etc. SUPER clean engine bay. Too bad we have to deal w/ emissions and all the other crap that clutters the engine bay, i'd love to see my engine that clean and visible!

Notice what looks like the IAT tapped into the left side of the intake plenum....I'd imagine it's more accurate having it installed there then doing the IATS relocation kits that kinda cheats and puts it further down by the air filter

Nox - i'm in the same boat as you...to this day I still regret getting rid of my E34 M5. I'd love to see where she went MBK05613

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have actually seen this car quite a few times in person. It is a conversion done for a private owner. It is an m3 and it is only taken out at the autobahn really.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've aways banked on the fact that I could pick up a used S62 or buy a short block from BMW if my S62 decided to throw reciprocating parts in a non-reciprocating manner. With the continued race use of the S62, do we soon have scarcity of engines for us long-term owners?!? :M5eyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts