BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last weekend I drove my car to south of Turkey and had chance to try my V-max on a very long stretch of the road.

I did 297-298 km/h on the speedo. I was in 6th gear and the rev counter was showing exactly (almost) 7000 rpm. Unfortunately I couldn't take the picture of the speedo at that speed BUT I took one while doing 270 km/h in 5th gear, with my cellphone.

As soon as I figure out how to send the pictures from my cellphone to my computer, I'll post the picture.

Since my car now revs up to 8200 rpm, I can do 280-285 km/h in 5th gear on any given road. However, when I upshift to 6th gear, it takes a little while to reach 300 km/h; a little downhill helps a lot mmmmmm :cool:

Unfortunately, when I went back home after covering more than 1500 km for the weekend, I'm left with a broken front windshield and a cracked right turn signal.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the picture of my speedo while going at 270 km/h:

Notice that since I have extra 200 rpm now; shift lights hadn't lite up yet; they adapted the new rev limiter.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are 2 other pictures of my speedo going at different speeds in 6th gear.
I posted them to show what can our cars do at 5000rpm and 6000rpm.
The fastest I did was 7000 rpm in 6th gear at which speedo was showing approx. 297~298 km/h.

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Onur,

Did you remap your ECU recently?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HIPAD said:
Onur,

Did you remap your ECU recently?

Yes, and I raised the rev limiter up to 8200 rpm.
This is why I have no shift lights even at 270 km/h in 5th gear.
I have superchip software now.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Gustav said:

I guess this car is also chipped and have raised rev limiter since none of the shift lights hadn't lite up yet eventhough the rev counter shows 8000 rpm.

Does is it have racing seats because you have airbag signal on the dash??

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gustav said:
From M Power Trip 2004:

Interesting picture. :confused2 My M3 was a little shy of 300 km/h mark on the speedo at exactly 7000 rpm in 6th gear. It was more like 297-298 km/h instead of 301-302 km/h like this one.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the speedo pictures Gustav. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
pride355 said:
Interesting picture. :confused2 My M3 was a little shy of 300 km/h mark on the speedo at exactly 7000 rpm in 6th gear. It was more like 297-298 km/h instead of 301-302 km/h like this one.
Tire size ( 18" and 19" ) is the factor of difference...

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Onur,

Yes I have the CSL seats insatalled. Regarding the wheels at the time my car had 19" wheels.

The rev limiter was raised to 8250 rpm in addition to the K.sport Motorkit from Kelleners Sport.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was very amazed when SMG shift lights adapted the new rev limiter.
At the first time SMG fault signal lite up. After I stop and then start the car it had gone and the lights have been adapted.

Has Kelleners told you any downside effects of the raised rev limiter???

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
I'm not sure who told me this (maybe it was at Kelleners), but I was told it's not a good idea to raise the rev limiter without changing the camshafts.

Regarding the newly adapted shift lights I didn't notice the change untill much later in our trip (we weren't told by Kelleners and we didn't ask at the time).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts