BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2560 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background:
Yes, I know there is a forum for this. I've posted there exactly 5 times since I've been a member: 2007 once, 2008 3x, 2009 once, since then -- I gave up. Responses: 0. I'd hate to calculate Ashok Arora's hit-rate, or the percentage of zero-responses. It's probably safe to say too few eyes go there. Let's see what happens if it's here, posted in one thread.

Suggested format:
[Country/State/City] - [Color] - [Date] - [Time] - [Location/Vehicle details]

Don't forget, there are regional forums you can use, as well.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Ok thanks for the inaugural post here goes
USA New York northbound Hutchinson River Pkwy to be precise. SS E39 Jersey tags and what looked like Tubi exhaust.
Will the board member who owns this beast please stand up?

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
March 29, 2011, 8:50 AM EST, NY, 495 W entrance ramp @ Queens Blvd. Carbon Black E39 with tubi exhaust, you were sitting at the outside pole position, took the jump on the silver chevy malibu, naturally. I was about 5 cars behind.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Around 6:00 pm, I saw carbon black, avus blue? hard to tell since it was an overcast yesterday. I was traveling north on berlin turnpike. That m5 was traveling south.

It was spotted driving near cumberland farms gas station in wethersfield.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok there is an M5 that is always parked near CVS in Westport CT I believe you also have a 4.8l x5. I also see a silver M5 coming down weston road I assume you are on your way to work most days. Respond if it's you either one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Spotted 13 E39 M5's at Stone Mtn Park in Atlanta, GA today. Anyone from the board? :)

PS - Number 13 (LMB) showed up right after I took this.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was behind a green E39 M5 in PV tonight going down Crest, then making a right on Hawthorne, and then a right on PV Drive. I tried waving to you multiple times, but you just ignored me. I was in the red 930. Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and ask if you were on the board or not.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Anthracite with aftermarket wheels, eastbound Elk Grove Blvd in Old Town Elk Grove at about 6 tonight. Haven't seen it in town. New member?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'll keep an eye on how popular this thread becomes, but in the meantime please continue to post sightings in the correct forum. Incidentally, I've spotted a few more E39's here lately.. follow this link:
Sightings / Spotted M5 around the world: was it you? - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)
Yes but to be honest, I am NOT about to read through 1000+ posts of "Hey I saw an M5 in England/Germany/somewhere on the other side of the world and I am no where near"

Ill just keep checking this thread.

·
Super Moderator
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since the goal is to get feedback, I'd encourage posting in each of: Sightings, Regional, and this thread (for e39s). The experiment here is whether e39 owners can spot each other with any greater success than //M owners in general.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I go to the regional section but for events, not for sightings.

I think it's great to have a sightings sticky in the E39 section.

1 - 20 of 2560 Posts