BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am considering the Baroques for my e39.

Does anyone have these !
Or any feedback on them,
Havent seen too many people rocking these wheels after browsing through the rim thread (although I only made it about half way through)

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this not a good wheel?

Why does no one rock these?
Can't find any pics on these or anyone using them.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I dont like the sharp lines on the wheel. Does not go well with the e39 body lines IMO.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I am seeing quite-a-few but not sure what the wheel looks like to say for sure.

They are a good looking wheel, I just dont think the sharp spokes would work well with the e39.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have only been able to find one e39 black with the black rim... with very low quality pics so its very hard to tell what it looks like on the car really.
I am considering the silver or chrome anyways as I think it looks better with a black car.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Beyern sucks.

Try again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am assuming there is a reason no one uses these wheels....
Quicksilver any particular reason you use such hating words ???
:(

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Wheel wars!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
lol so true. I try not to ever say that a wheel is better or worse than another, unless they have a history of defects or other issues. I will however, state my personal opinion on a wheel style or company.

The other thing about this style wheel is, in California at least, there are an infinite amount of really cheap knockoffs that look identical to this style wheel. They are sold to the BMW crowd so you tend to see them on the streets on some real poorly maintained BMWs.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
No.

If you want the approval of this crowd, pick one of these 3 wheels:

No one has ever made fun of my wheels ;) hiha

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had the mesh before on my 540. And the lip on the rear 2 wheels started chipping after about 1 year. I thought it was just the lower grade "mesh" series.
I spoke a guy of the f10 post and he had the baroques and said he was starting to experience similar flaking on the lips... I asked the distributor regarding this and they said they come with a 1 year guarantee and they claim they have never heard of anything of this sort.............

I just liked the way they look,
Also didn't want the same LM look as every other m5
Also enjoying the work rsxx but seems like they cut back on some of the colors of them

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
So basically....
Not for m5.
Ultimately, the choice is yours. I have both AC Schintzer Type II Racing wheels and the RDSport RD2's based on research and a lot of googling to try and find wheels that suit my needs and wants. If you like the wheels and truly want them on your car, go for it!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The best thing about rao's is that he has all three on the car at once, just in case it goes from hot, to hot and snowy, to cold and icy on the same trip. His hardest choice is which one to put two of!! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I am assuming there is a reason no one uses these wheels....
Quicksilver any particular reason you use such hating words ???
:(
It's mostly a hatred with their style of wheels. They're like poorly designed fakes of other fake wheels. :3: They don't look the part on any BMW, much less an M5. I'd stick with the OE wheels before choosing anything by Beyern from downgrade.com.

My .03 (inflation)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I'd stick with the OE wheels before choosing anything by Beyern from downgrade.com.
I would agree. The OEMs are great and would only swap them out for a small specific set of wheels available on the market.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the advice guys.

I do really like the oem m5 wheels however the previous owner has really neglected the wheels they are rashed and brake dust covered so badly that I can not clean them off even after serious scrubbing.

I am now leaning towards the LM (everyone has them though)
But they do look great.
Cargraphics looks great too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts