BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering if E90 M3 19" wheels will fit on the E39 M5. They both have 5x120mm bolt pattern but the E39 18s have 20mm front and 24mm rear offset . The E90 19" have 37mm offset. I'm not a wheel expert but I love the 19s. If they fit anyone running them?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hey I was wondering if E90 M3 19" wheels will fit on the E39 M5. They both have 5x120mm bolt pattern but the E39 18s have 20mm front and 24mm rear offset . The E90 19" have 37mm offset. I'm not a wheel expert but I love the 19s. If they fit anyone running them?
IF you really want to run them, you will need to bore out the wheel bore to 74.1mm.

Then, you'd need to run at least a 20mm front spacer and a 15mm rear spacer to clear the E39 M5 suspension.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
good info, I've been searching for 2 hours, can't find any pics. Does anyone run this setup?
I don't recall anyone on the board running these particular wheels. Most members prefer to use wheels that are specifically made for the E39 application that don't require the use of spacers. Most members are actually very happy with the OEM 18s.

But you can certainly try it and be the first to post pics ;)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I wouldn't mind doing it, but does anyone with with photoshop skills think they can do this combo? On a blue beast please?
Yes, which E90 wheels are you thinking?

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
IF you really want to run them, you will need to bore out the wheel bore to 74.1mm.

Then, you'd need to run at least a 20mm front spacer and a 15mm rear spacer to clear the E39 M5 suspension.

no need to bore with those size spacers.

run hub-adapter spacers and save yourself the time and money.

Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea this is what I'm talking about
Some pics from Mosport this September
GC coilovers
13.5" front ride height
12.75" rear ride height
275's all around on 19x9.5 ET+20mm
Left rear had some rubbing with rear passengers - had to roll the leading edge of the fender a bit
Left front had some rubbing in the front under steering lock - bent back the lip.

Tremblant in the summer

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Still pics please! :)

Personally I always thought the BMW Performance 19" would look great on an E39
(close enough, E46)

But now that I see it on, it looks kind of silly. I think it is too modern of a wheel. And E39s imo look best with tons of concavity.
Maybe.. the 5 spoke?

·
Super Moderator
4,409 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
no need to bore with those size spacers.

run hub-adapter spacers and save yourself the time and money.
Ah yes, true. Forgot about adapter spacers. ouich

1 - 14 of 14 Posts