BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has always annoyed me that my E39 toolbox in the trunk had empty spots as the US spec cars did not get a warning triangle. I took a chance on ebay and found one that fit perfectly, and it looks like it's the same manufacturer and, other than the metal legs, looks identical to the OEM spec triangle.

Link to ebay auction is Car Triangle Safety Warning Parking Sign Reflective Fold able Road Emergency New Currently priced at $8 shipped, but it will take a couple of weeks to arrive as it's coming from China.

If you want the OEM one, part numbers are below, but I don't think they sell them anymore.

P/N 71 60 1 095 457 Warning triangle w/ container [05/00+]
P/N 71 60 1 095 535 Warning triangle w/o container [05/00+]

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
530 Posts
You can still get them new. I just got one from TheBMWPartStore for $22 a month ago. Morristown has them even cheaper at $16.50. Part# is 71606770487.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks. Ordered one to see how it works out. Price is right.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Ordered one as well. Few months ago, I went through an ordeal where I ordered 4 different triangles, supposedly correct part numbers that were to fit in my toolkit, and none of them did fit. Returned all of those. Hopefully this one works!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
lol I think we collectively gave these vendors some good business! I bet if you search hard enough you can find alternative vendors for the same product

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks OP just bought two.

Look like they have 4 more left.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just got mine. Nothing fancy here, but well worth the $8. My tool kit does not have the Velcro hold down strap for this, and it was smaller than the place it goes. I wrapped it with a microfiber towel, and all is good. Just sits there, not snug, but works fine.

At one point many years ago, I found one for sale that actually snapped into the area that holds the warning triangle. Actually had to give it a slight tug to pop it out.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Received mine. The case is very thin plastic and the leg broke off the triangle when I opened it.
I’ll contact the seller but what do you expect for $8.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got mines today. For roughly $8.00 each can't complain about the paper thin red case but the triangle will do the job incase of an emergency. I can report the legs on the triangle are metal :smile

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts