BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, had my first encounter with an exotic yesterday. Wish I had my camera - what a gorgeous car. Retail: $360,000 with e-Gear, carbon fiber, nav, etc.

Was taking one of my employees to lunch and I spotted a Yellow Lamborghini ahead. I moved through traffic so I could get behind him. He saw me and he started to make some moves around traffic and I followed. He saw an open space and opened it up for a few seconds and took off, but I wasn't far behind!

I can't believe that car has 4 wheel drive...he was running 355's on the rear - I also can't believe how wide that car is - it is almost as wide as the lane.

He let off and I caught up and passed him. Then we were at the light together.

I was hoping he would light me up and take off, but he didn't. I took off at a moderately high pace, but he wasn't playing. I waited for him to catch up and I rolled down my window, he rolled down his. I asked him how he liked his car, he said it was a lot of fun. "With a V12, I would imagine so - have fun and be safe!" was my response.

I followed him for a little while longer since we were going in the same direction. I then see him tuck in behind a flatbed truck that is carrying - yep, Eleanor :eek: . The Shelby Mustang from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds. A Shelby GT 500E. They turn off into a residential section.

What a great lunch! Wish he would have played a little bit more. Apparently, it is very rare to see a Murcielago Roadster on the road here in the U.S. - let alone seeing a GT500E.

What a day! ouich

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Pretty coo, but are you sure it was a 500gtE cuz they didn't acually exist untill the movie and then a company started making um custom.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When we drove by, along the runners it said GT500E...I was pretty sure. Gray with 2 black stripes and a cowl on the hood.

It looked like this one:

Jayson said:
Pretty coo, but are you sure it was a 500gtE cuz they didn't acually exist untill the movie and then a company started making um custom.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
SCORPIO said:
When we drove by, along the runners it said GT500E...I was pretty sure. Gray with 2 black stripes and a cowl on the hood.

It looked like this one:
Cool, just checking they are out there just verrrry rare. Ive heard alot of people since the movie that just point to old mustangs and say o it's a 500e. Just wanted to check.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Unique up in Dallas (not the "DUB" guys in NY) worked with Shelby, and they make official continuation Shelby (500E's), that are high performance remakes of the movie car. They sell for about $100K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts