BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Servus!

Some time ago i recorded the sound of starting the E39 M5 in our garage ... now we have the E60-M5 - and i did the same, from the same position.

Now we have a real sound-comparison. I can say the E60-M5 launch is much more spectacular. When you open the first door or just unlock, you can hear so many electric engines and oil pumps starting to work... its insane!

I recorded the whole starting procedure, it sounds more like the launch of an aeroplane!

The E39 sound sounds much more like "strength" ... just **** good! the E60 sounds more agressive.

(SUBFOOFER IS ESSENTIAL!:hihi: )
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Thanks for the comparison max! The E39 sounds great but the E60 sounds explosive in comparison. Congratulations on your new beast! I can't wait for the E60's to arrive stateside. I hope to be enjoying a beast of my own this time next year! lovelove

H.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Nice sounds!

Congrats on your new car!

Enjoy

Kalbas :byebye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
when you let the engine stay off, sit behind the steering wheel, keep the door open, you can hear interesting noises. one is repeating every few minutes. and it sounds like this...

does anybody know what this could be? sounds like hydraulic pump...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Thanks for sharing. We tested the dealers demo M5 yesterday and it's awesome!! But it hasn't went more then 500km so we couldn't rev more then 5500 rpm. Have your went over 2000km so you can rev max? It has to pull alot!!
Can't wait untill we get ours!
sheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
phille said:
Thanks for sharing. We tested the dealers demo M5 yesterday and it's awesome!! But it hasn't went more then 500km so we couldn't rev more then 5500 rpm. Have your went over 2000km so you can rev max? It has to pull alot!!
Can't wait untill we get ours!
sheers
we're now @~720 km... can't wait!

:hihi: BTW: "Posing" with the car is much heavier: you cant just kick the gas with released clutch, you always have to pu in "N"...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
phille said:
Thanks for sharing. We tested the dealers demo M5 yesterday and it's awesome!! But it hasn't went more then 500km so we couldn't rev more then 5500 rpm. Have your went over 2000km so you can rev max? It has to pull alot!!
Can't wait untill we get ours!
sheers
Could you please inform which dealer this was? My dad and I are very interesting in trying the new M5, Denmark hasn't got any. So he is gonna call sweden tomorrow, but it would be a great help if we knew which dealer had a car :1:

Please, I'll love you forever lovelove ouich

*edit*:

You know if anyone in Malmö got any? Also, the car you were trying, what colors was it? Interior/Exterior?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
max_m5 said:
when you let the engine stay off, sit behind the steering wheel, keep the door open, you can hear interesting noises. one is repeating every few minutes. and it sounds like this...

does anybody know what this could be? sounds like hydraulic pump...
That would be the SMG clutch actuator system pressurizing. My Gallardo does the same thing. :)
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Although I am not one of the sound-obsessed, I do find myself replaying the glorious recording over and over. Thanks, Max.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Very interesting... I like the V10!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
mhh said:
That would be the SMG clutch actuator system pressurizing. My Gallardo does the same thing. :)
100% correct...and while my expereience isnt a gallardo *but a E46 m3* it is totally right. same with unlocking the car..it should pressurize the system for operation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
mhh said:
That would be the SMG clutch actuator system pressurizing. My Gallardo does the same thing. :)
Yup same thing goes for standard production E60 SMG cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
MortenDK said:
Could you please inform which dealer this was? My dad and I are very interesting in trying the new M5, Denmark hasn't got any. So he is gonna call sweden tomorrow, but it would be a great help if we knew which dealer had a car :1:

Please, I'll love you forever lovelove ouich

*edit*:

You know if anyone in Malmö got any? Also, the car you were trying, what colors was it? Interior/Exterior?
Hehe sure you will! The car was in Interlagos blue//Silverstone II. And it was on Auto 7h in Borås..but the car is allready sold. Don't know if they have any car in Malmö....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
We are going to Sweden on saturday to look at a car which is for instant delivery. Not gonna tell where untill we are sure we are not buying it :1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,655 Posts
... am i the only one who thinks the v10 sounds like a liter-class bike while the v8 sounds like an m5 is supposed to sound- like a muscle car?

just wondering...

btw, i still cant get over the lame sound of the v10 in the viper too...even with all the exhaust doo-dads it still sounds wrong...

alex
few cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49,477 Posts
AJ: sure, or make M5 E60 more F1 sound like and more BMW M DNA like (high-revving). Alot more sporty and more in my taste :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top