BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've not seen my posts in the E39 section here's my E39 M5 with an S85 V10 fitted.

Now I've driven the car the next plan was always to pull the engine and inspect inside and do the rod bearings.
In this video I strip the engine down and inspect, luckily the crank is ok just worn bearings as to be expected

·
Registered
269 Posts
Excellent job mate and amazing project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jon1465

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Wow - interesting merge. with the prices of the E60 vs. E39 M5's not sure why anybody would actually do this, but it's cool!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wow - interesting merge. with the prices of the E60 vs. E39 M5's not sure why anybody would actually do this, but it's cool!
best of both worlds!

Awesome job mate.

Can you give us a link to the build, or tell us how you did the DME, Cluster and all that programming fun?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent job mate and amazing project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Not everything is about money, I've had a supercharged 540i previous to this so similar to a stock M5 and wanted something different. I prefer the E39 shape but wanted the V10 experience.

best of both worlds!

Awesome job mate.

Can you give us a link to the build, or tell us how you did the DME, Cluster and all that programming fun?
Thanks, I haven't got a build thread as such it's mainly pictures on my Instagram same as on here @Jon1465

Here's a little drive by video I did before pulling the engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts