BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of us have cars other then our M5 as our daily drivers, so I figured I would offer this here. So I own an e39 M5 and I purchased this little gem of a strut tower brace on ebay. It arrived last week and I was amazed at the quality. Even the BMW lettering is done awesomely. Unfortunately for those of you that aren't familiar with the e39 m5's motor... it sits quite a bit higher then the standard e39's. Now I own a $160 paperweight. If anyone is interested let me know and we can work out a deal. I prefer local pickup, but I'd be willing to ship for a slightly larger price. Call or Text 626-230-6985 I currently live in El Monte, CA

Better pictures on request.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I agree with the above, if it's a nice piece then put in some spacers and longer bolts...I don't know what you paid but if you paid close to $160 then that's a steal for a well-made piece.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I KNOW! that was my dilemma. My buddy who owns a shop said he knows people that could manufacture this and that... but I dunno... I got it from a wholesaler... so if anyone is interested I could order more and you guys can try to adapt it. I just don't have the patience for it. It really is nice and looks amazing.... i think the biggest issue is the angle of the connecting piece from the bar to brace. It doesn't seem to have a sharp enough angle which is where the clearance issues come in. Let me know if you guys want to try it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts