BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if the E60. E61 or E63 or any other series oem rims fit the E39 M5's

I've read that they don't but I've seen M6 rims on e39

anyone can shed some light on this for me would be great.

I like the E60 M5 rims and i like to see it on e39

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think the M6 wheels on an E39 that you have seen are either replicas or have been bored out to a bigger center bore.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
there was a post not too long ago where someone tried put OEM M6 rims on his E39, they didn't quite fit, so he just torqued them down and forced them on. Needless to say, he had a lot of vibration problems.

It is possible to bore them out, but I'm not sure what the cost would be.

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
As mentioned, the centering hubs on our cars are bigger, so a stock M6 wheel will not fit.

Aftermarket have a larger centerbore, so they fit. You can also have stock ones bored out - there is a guy near me that does them for about $30/wheel.

d-

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think the aftermarket ones by Miro look really good, and you can get them in black with a red stripe ala "time attack edition". I would just go aftermarket if you are looking for E60 M6 or M5 wheels for your E39.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Like anything else, there is always a risk, but I wouldn't think it would be very great.

Basically, the shop needs to center the wheel on a lathe and then bore it out. The risks come if they a) don't get the wheel exactly centered or b) they overbore the wheel.

Any competent shop should be able to perform the operation with little / no risk. I guess the point is that you should find someone who has done this before :)

d-

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Click here for some e60 (and other) options for the look you are seeking.

G/L and I hope you obtain the look you desire regardless of rim style, size or price range!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts