BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2000 M5
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.I was thinking about installing a eventuri Cold air intake in mY e39 M5. Should I do it 馃 or Will it cause Codes etc

Registered
You'll have to have an AlphaN tune, and depending on where you live might have smog concerns...

Registered
2000 M5
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in MD and where could I get that tune 馃 I mean is it worth it tho for 20lbs of HP

Registered
The new Evolve intake setup does not require an Alpha-N tune because it utilizes the MAF's. If you want a tune I would strongly suggest Tuning Tech. That's who tuned my car as well as many other board member's cars. I believe he is in Maryland as well

Registered
2000 M5
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new Evolve intake setup does not require an Alpha-N tune because it utilizes the MAF's. If you want a tune I would strongly suggest Tuning Tech. That's who tuned my car as well as many other board member's cars. I believe he is in Maryland as well
I don鈥檛 need tune.He was just saying if I got the cold air intake made by eventuri I never heard of that company.should I get it 馃馃馃

Registered
When did they go back to MAFs?

TTFS is OK. He can be difficult to get ahold of though, unless things have changed. HD Tuning is who I've used with great results (401.7whp on my S2, 360/359 on my bone stock $600 beater)

Registered
When did they go back to MAFs?

TTFS is OK. He can be difficult to get ahold of though, unless things have changed. HD Tuning is who I've used with great results (401.7whp on my S2, 360/359 on my bone stock $600 beater)

Not sure exactly, but I was browsing their site the other day and noticed they discontinued the old design for a new one.

Registered
I don鈥檛 need tune.He was just saying if I got the cold air intake made by eventuri I never heard of that company.should I get it 馃馃馃
That's completely up to you, man. Its a quality setup if that's what your asking. It's not likely going to give you a noticeable difference in power. It may give you a little extra intake noise and they look pretty cool. If that's worth $1200 to you than I would say go for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts