BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First post here - long time reader however.

Anyone in the UK know anything about this car?

BMW : E39 M5 2001 Facelift Individual LPG EVERY EXTRA!!!

The history sounds interesting too - with lots of work done to it .....

"This is my BMW M5. The body work and paint work is in near immaculate condition. The photos do not do it justice.

The car has a very interesting past, being the third right hand drive M5 ever to be built (And apparantly of the first three it was the only one sold on as the other two are in the BMW Museum!), it was a BMW show car and was taken to the motor shows/press days etc.

For this very reason it has every extra imaginable at the time...

Double Glazing (which i personally had all replaced at a cost of £3000 have receipt)
Electronic Rear Blind
Extended Heritage Heated Caramel Nappa Leather.
Door cards and Centre console wrapped in black leather.
TV and SatNav
DSP Sound system
Ski Bag
Xenon Headlamps
Electric Sunroof
Dual Zone Climate Control
Folding Mirrors
Radar/Laser Jammer
Factory fitted 11th Gen Bluetooth (iphone ready) with dash integration.
Voice Recognition

In 2001 when the facelift model was released BMW Registered the car and sold it on. At that time it was completely facelifted, with the Angel Eye headlights, celis rear lights, the MKIV DVD Sat Nav (3d) and the 16:9 Widescreen monitor with TV (TV in motion enabled).

In 2006 (i believe) the car was professionally converted to LPG using a romano system. IT runs as if it were on petrol, and if you switch it back there is no difference. It Makes this a more viable option as a daily drive as it achieves 300miles from £45. At the same time it was given the private plate J60 LPG which is included.

It had a new block and pistons at 74k, new gearbox at 61k and new vanos at 100k, new Airflowmeters at 100k, New instrument cluster (due to pixelation, and is the facelift one), new ECU at 120k, all fitted at BMW and is one hundred percent varifyable, so as you can appreciate the 141000 mileage tag is irrelevant as she drives like new!

Also had a rear wheel bearing and hub done this year and O2 Sensors.

With full BMW service history until just over 100k when it has been serviced by a professional independant. Last services 2 months ago, LPG services at the same time. Tax for 8 months MOT for 8 Months.

It is November '98 Model Registered in September 2001.

I have also added:
LED angel eye bulbs so now they are crisp white instead of dull yellow

Breyton Spirit 19in wheels with good michelin tyres(cost £1600).

Cobra Sport Exhaust System to make the V8 sound how it should (£1000).

Also have the interior trims the same colour as the car.

New battery just fitted and new front brake pads.

New Propshaft

I have the Original wheels, walnut trims and exhausts available should you wish to have those instead.

It has everything going for it, Facelift with The Full spec, the right colour and the rareist interior.

I have had the car for a year and it has only been used as a weekend driving car.

The only thing the car could do with to make it 100% is a bit of a leather refurb on the front seats as the bolsters are a little tatty (as they always are!)

BELIEVE ME THIS CAR IS A REAL HEAD TURNER AND LOOKS STUNNING!

This car will need nothing done to it for a long time,
Every little thing I could find wrong with this car since I have owned it I have had put right no expense spared, why buy one you have to spend money on when you can buy this one, must be seen YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
"

·
Registered
595 Posts
I sort of don't get ,buying an M5 then thinking of saving fuel?????

·
Registered
595 Posts
Correction, I guess LPG just means the cost of your tankful will be cheaper!! My mistake!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats wrong with that idea? If you could have the same / similar performance and pay less for it .... surely you wouldnt mind 5 MPG more?

Keep in mind, the biggest hurdle with MPG is the initial cost to put it in - around 2-3K. You need to do a good few miles to justify this. In this case the costs are sunk but yes, its not a 'pure' M5 ....

Ive currently got a 545i SE which may struggle with my new job commute in terms of fuel, perhaps barking up the wrong tree with this M5 anyways - hence the post. The guy will do a like for like trade.

My current car:-

BMW : Full Spec, FSH 545i SE (Sale or Swap)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nothing wrong with that,I was typing out load and corrected myself ,the car looks a nice car, LPG is just not my thing,with the usually large tank etc ,etc but I appreciate the benefits it offers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing wrong with that,I was typing out load and corrected myself ,the car looks a nice car, LPG is just not my thing,with the usually large tank etc ,etc but I appreciate the benefits it offers.
Thanks, appreciate that - seen my reply above. Apart from the LPG, from the rest of the info, what do you think about the car?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks, appreciate that - seen my reply above. Apart from the LPG, from the rest of the info, what do you think about the car?
Sounds alright to me, but I too am fairly new on here,there are others with alot more knowledge about these wonderful beasts.If and when you get one,I can vouch for the fact ,you wont stop grinning each time you use it!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, didnt check - did see his nick on the advert. No offence meant about the car - Im just curious about it and if its worth looking at from your collective esteemed experiences / knowledge :)

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
if you search the user's name, I think you'll get a good idea of the owner's problems with it in the past.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
it may be worth your while to check the E39 section of bimmerforums.com, this user made alot of threads over there, too.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The "history" sounds too "shady" to me. Not something I would buy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts