BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy M5Board,

I'm looking for wing mirror glass replacement with blue tint - don't want to pay dealer prices. Any recommendations where to buy ?

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Howdy M5Board,

I'm looking for wing mirror glass replacement with blue tint - don't want to pay dealer prices. Any recommendations where to buy ?

Thanks
I literally was just asking clemster for some, all of them are yellowed. My suspicion is that the only way you'll be able to get your hands on a used one that is not yellowed, is by someone that's selling it as an entire assembly and they'll be asking about the same as dealer prices on glass only. (Ebay/Criagslist)

I've seen some youtube video flying around of a guy restoring these but the heating function no longer works afterwords. If you're interested let me know and I'll hunt it down again for you.

Best,
Jack

·
Registered
444 Posts
Replaced mine with aftermarket quality heated only items last year... one had started to go badly and replacements were silly money - they all seemed to go same way.

Ebayed the good one and got £175 for it... £40 covered cost of new both replacement heated glass. It’s tinted blue so don’t really miss the dimming functionality and it looks oem except no rubber surround.

Purchased from mirrorjohn.com in the UK - I’m sure there will be similar US suppliers.

Simon

·
Registered
397 Posts
I literally was just asking clemster for some, all of them are yellowed. My suspicion is that the only way you'll be able to get your hands on a used one that is not yellowed, is by someone that's selling it as an entire assembly and they'll be asking about the same as dealer prices on glass only. (Ebay/Criagslist)

I've seen some youtube video flying around of a guy restoring these but the heating function no longer works afterwords. If you're interested let me know and I'll hunt it down again for you.

Best,
Jack

Radar in the states restores the mirrors for around 175 to auto dimming. They can not save the heated f/ defrost feature but they do give a lifetime warranty. I didn't want blue and I love the auto dim feature personally.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. MirrorJohn doesn’t stock them anymore for E39 M5. He was the first person I enquired with as I bought my M3 side mirror glass from him. It’s a shame

Howdy M5Board,

Thanks

Best,
Jack
Replaced mine with aftermarket quality heated only items last year... one had started to go badly and replacements were silly money - they all seemed to go same way.

Ebayed the good one and got £175 for it... £40 covered cost of new both replacement heated glass. It’s tinted blue so don’t really miss the dimming functionality and it looks oem except no rubber surround.

Purchased from mirrorjohn.com in the UK - I’m sure there will be similar US suppliers.

Simon

·
Registered
444 Posts
That’s interesting glad I got mine when I did then. I’ve found the dimming functionality is not missed as the tint works well, I’d miss the heating function though as that’s more useful here in colder climates.

Perhaps worth a chance on an eBay replacement?

Simon

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
quick search on ebay turned up some decently priced aftermarket options, going to take a gamble on a set of the heated ones with blue tint.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys. I'm going to look on ebay for them now. I'll let you know which ones i go for

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
peetee
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing