BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYONE HELP, I'M TRYING TO GET MY WHEELS REFURBISHED AFTER BUYING MY M5 A FEW WEEKS AGO. THEY HAVE MOST LIGHT SCRATCHES, 1 SMALL SECTION WHERE A "BUBBLE" IS APPEARING (SOMEONE USING INCORRECT WHEEL CLEANER NO DOUBT) AND A SCUFF ON ANOTHER. MY PROBLEM IS NO COMPANY SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO MATCH THE CORRECT ALLOY COLOUR BEFORE DOING THE JOB. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A COMPANY IN THE UK (I'M BASED IN ESSEX), THAT CAN MATCH THE CORRECT ALLOY COLOUR AS MY BEAST IS A1 OTHER THAN HER WHEELS!
THANKS FOR ANY INFO.
STU-E-BOY.

ps. held a Honda FireBlade off the line up until 3rd gear today, at which point his bike did an impression of being fired from a gun!

:M5launch:

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Although I've seen some get close, I've never seen anybody get them exact...Two alternitives I suggest, get them fully polished, or Chromed.

·
Registered
638 Posts
stu-e-boy said:
CAN ANYONE HELP, I'M TRYING TO GET MY WHEELS REFURBISHED AFTER BUYING MY M5 A FEW WEEKS AGO.
hi, congratulations on you new purchase.

i had my wheels done by lepsons of gillingham, kent. they are good. i would recommend you get all four wheels done. they do black chrome, and you can choose how dark or light you want it. it is a proper four layer process. do an advanced search for post by user 'mohan' and look at my early threads on wheel refurb.. include pics.. i'm getting them to do my wheels again.. wife keeps kerbing them!!! :byebye:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39250
this is the thread...

mohan

·
10,456 Posts
i agree with what mohan says. there are several shops who can come pretty close to replicating the bmw shadow chrome finish, but very unlikely that they will be able to match your existing wheels. Do One, it'll stand out, do all 4 and it'll be hard to notice they've been refinished.
Mike

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just had mine done @ wicked wheels : west sussex
close match to original
very pleased and competitive price
Areas covered:
BRIGHTON
LONDON SOUTH
WEST SUSSEX
Telephone:

07798 830415

willo

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
mottati said:
Do One, it'll stand out, do all 4 and it'll be hard to notice they've been refinished.
Mike
Or just do two on one side. No way to see both sides at once..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts